1) The first FIFA World Cup was held in 1930 in which country?
Uruguay; The small South American country not only hosted, but defeated neighbors and rivals Argentina 4-2 to win the inaugural FIFA World Cup.
2) The USA took part in that inaugural 1930 tournament. How did they finish?
Third Place; An invited guest to the 1930 tournament, the USA won its group matches and advanced to the semifinal where it fell 6-1 to Argentina.
3) The current FIFA World Cup champion is…
France; Les Bleus won their second World Cup, defeating Croatia 4-2 in the 2018 final played in Moscow, Russia.
4) At age 19, this player became the youngest to score a hat trick in the USA’s first World Cup Qualifying match in Nashville, a 3-0 win against Trinidad & Tobago on April 1, 2009.
Jozy Altidore; The 19-year-old striker scored all three goals to push the USA to a 3-0 win against Trinidad & Tobago on April 1, 2009.
5) For the USA to automatically qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, it must finish in the top _____ of a final round group that features eight different nations.
3; For the USA to automatically qualify for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, it must finish in the top three of Concacaf’s eight-team final round qualification tournament. If the team were to finish fourth, it would go to a two-game, home-and-away playoff with a country from another region.
6) This player is the USA’s all-time leader in World Cup Qualifying appearances with 41.
Clint Dempsey; The USMNT’s joint all-time leading goal scorer made 41 appearances in World Cup Qualifying across four different qualification cycles (2006, 2010, 2014, 2018).
7) This country has won the FIFA World Cup five times – the most of any nation.
Brazil; The South American giants have won the FIFA World Cup five times: 1958, 1962, 1970, 1994 and 2002
8) How many global viewers did the 2018 FIFA World Cup Final between France and Croatia receive?
1.1 billion viewers globally watched the 2018 FIFA World Cup Final between France and Croatia
9) The USA will co-host the 2026 FIFA World Cup with which two countries?
Mexico and Canada will jointly host the 2026 FIFA World Cup with the United States.
10) True/False: Nashville is a candidate city to host 2026 FIFA World Cup Matches
True; Nashville is one of 17 U.S. cities vying to be one of the 11 hosts venues for the United States during the 2026 FIFA World Cup.