Nashville CVC hosts qualified interns seasonally throughout the year. Our company brands, sells, and markets Nashville as Music City to the world as a premier entertainment destination for travelers who seek authentic and unique leisure and convention experiences. Our internship program allows interns to participate in various departments, including sales, marketing/public relations, visitor experience/retail, social media/creative/digital services, public affairs/communications and events.
This intern should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment and will finish the internship having gained broad experience in various aspects of sales, marketing, and events.
Summer 2024 (May – July)
Application Deadline: March 1, 2024
Fall 2024 (August – December)
Application Deadline: June 1, 2024
Send your cover letter, resume, and area you’re interested in to NCVCinternship@visitmusiccity.com. Leslie Davis, Vice President of Industry Education and Workforce Development, will reach out to you after the application deadline with the next steps.
- Assist in the creation of signage, email campaigns, online promotion, etc.
- Assist in the distribution or delivery of sales or marketing materials
- Assist with the fulfillment of marketing offers and promotions by pulling content and gathering information
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of event or collateral materials
- Curate information/research and work on special website projects for digital
- Assist with social media efforts including but not limited copywriting for Visit Music City's platforms
- Perform analysis of marketing and sales data
- Prepare presentations
- Assist with the assembly of various administrative needs (gift bags, notebooks, credentials, etc.)
- Data entry of information into contact management systems
- Provide support to social media and public relations efforts
- Interaction with city visitors to assist and answer questions to enhance their experience
- Provide assistance to retail team with production of moving, counting and sorting merchandise
- Attend special events and meetings as necessary
- Opportunity to work events on site with setup and teardown. Includes some manual labor tasks (driving golf carts, decorating tents, moving tables, chairs, etc.)
- Junior level or higher student enrolled in a college or university
- Must receive school credit or be enrolled in classes related to one of our departments listed above
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office systems
- Driven and hard-working
- Ability to take direction and multi-task
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Program Duration – a maximum of one semester, required to work onsite 20-30 hours per week within CVC’s 8am-5pm office hours with special projects as necessary.
- Must be available to work the July 4th event in the summer or the New Year’s Eve event in the fall.
- Practical experience with current sales and marketing techniques
- Shadowing, mentoring, and training opportunities with successful destination marketing professionals
- Opportunity to participate in networking events and company or membership meetings
- Compensation provided including paid access to downtown parking garage