NASHVILLE – Several local businesses and Nashville-based artists will be featured at Spin On: Nashville’s Vinyl Collection to bring Nashville to New York City in the most authentic way possible. Curated by Nashville’s world-renowned record store, Grimey’s, in celebration of its 20th anniversary, Spin On is set to open its doors on Oct. 1. The pop-up store will offer a curated selection of vinyl records by artists who live in Nashville or albums that were recorded here.
“The Music City brand is at the heart of Nashville’s thriving tourism industry and the city’s overall success,” said Butch Spyridon, President and CEO of the Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp. “Spin On is a creative way to showcase local makers and iconic brands, as well as reinforce the strength and diversity of the music that’s created, written and recorded in Nashville.”
In addition to Grimey’s, several other local companies are involved in Spin On:
- I Believe in Nashville: Designed a custom I Believe in Vinyl mural for the shop. Merchandise will include I Believe in Vinyl posters and journals that have covers made from recycled vinyl records.
- Hatch Show Print: Created a custom Spin On poster.
- Third Man Records: Provided turntable listening stations in the store.
- Gibson Brands: Provided guitars to be displayed on the store’s stage.
- Tucker & Bloom: Nashville maker of vinyl record bags, which will be available for sale.
- Michael Weintrob Photography: “Instrumenthead” book will be available for purchase.
- Disco Cowgirl: Nashville company with a rock n roll spirit, offering t-shirt, trucker hat, hoodie and bomber jacket for purchase.
- Grand Ole Opry: The Opry’s 94th birthday will be celebrated at Spin On on Oct. 5 with giveaways, and during the week of Oct. 7 there will be a celebration for Dolly Week, marking Dolly Parton’s 50th anniversary as an Opry member.
- Tennessee Brew Works: Local brewer is donating their Nashville craft beers to be served during performances at Spin On.
Nashville singer-songwriter John Hiatt, who wrote the heavily covered “Have a Little Faith in Me,” will perform at the store on Oct. 10 for a special event. Hiatt will be the first of many artists – all with a Nashville connection – who will host intimate performances, signings and more. Notable guests who will be touring in the New York City area and will make appearances at Spin On include Ben Folds, Rayland Baxter, Andrew Combs, Jessy Wilson, Sugar + The Hi-Lows and more. For up-to-date information on artist appearances and Spin On information, go to visitmusiccity.com/showfields.
New York City is a key market for Nashville. The Spin On store will help Nashville’s marketing and public relations efforts in New York City, the global entertainment and media capital. And the Big Apple is the third largest market in terms of where Nashville visitors travel from. The store will be open through mid-January, capitalizing on New York City’s popularity as a holiday destination.
Grimey’s is Nashville’s independent record store since 1999, specializing in new and preowned vinyl, CDs, cassettes, DVDs, books, magazines, turntables and other artifacts. The iconic Nashville shop regularly hosts live performances, record release parties, book signings and interviews.
The unique pop-up store will be located at SHOWFIELDS, a retail concept that hosts a revolving array of art, food, drink and community programming bridging art and retail in the heart of NOHO. It opened in December 2018 at 11 Bond Street in New York City.
Spin On will be open Oct. 1 to Jan. 15. Hours are 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday; 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday; and noon to 8 p.m. on Monday.
The Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp
The mission of the Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp is to maximize the economic contribution of the convention and tourism industry to the community by developing and marketing Nashville as a premier destination. Visit the NCVC’s website at www.visitmusiccity.com and follow us on social media.