NFL Draft FACT SHEET
Venues, Activities for 2019 NFL Draft in Nashville
NASHVILLE – Downtown Nashville’s Lower Broadway and the area around Nissan Stadium will host free, public activities for the 2019 NFL Draft in Nashville April 25-27, 2019. The 2019 NFL Draft in Nashville will serve as the official kickoff to the NFL’s 100th season.
The Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp, in partnership with the Tennessee Titans, led the bid process for the NFL Draft on behalf of the city.
Nashville Mayor David Briley: “The NFL Draft will be one of the biggest sports events in the history of Tennessee – another great opportunity for Nashville to welcome the world and show fans, players and media what we’re all about. We’re looking forward to showing off our city and our unrivaled live music scene to all who attend. Events like this generate important revenues that allow us to make long-term investments that benefit all of Nashville. I’m glad the NFL agrees that our great city, which the Titans have called home for 20 years, is the perfect location to kick off its 100th season.”
Peter O’Reilly, NFL Senior Vice President of Events: “Nashville will be given the opportunity to showcase its vibrant music scene and compact downtown footprint as the football world descends on Music City. The 2019 NFL Draft represents the largest festival footprint ever created by the NFL where fans will be able to participate in various free and interactive elements within the NFL Draft Experience presented by Oikos Triple Zero.”
Traci Otey Blunt, Senior Vice President of NFL Corporate Communications: “I am proud that Nashville, my hometown, was selected to serve as host to the 2019 NFL Draft in April. As a proud graduate of Tennessee State University, I know visitors, fans and future players will enjoy Music City while here and experience the many free Draft activities and events the NFL has planned throughout the week.”
About 2019 NFL Draft in Nashville
- NFL Draft Experience presented by Oikos® Triple Zero invites families and fans of all ages to enjoy a FREE admission, three-day football festival held at Nissan Stadium. Representing the largest festival footprint ever created by the NFL, fans can participate in interactive exhibits, immersive games, virtual reality experiences, free player autograph sessions and more.
- NFL Draft Experience hours of operation:
- April 25 (Thursday): 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- April 26 (Friday): 12 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- April 27 (Saturday): 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Activations at the NFL Draft Experience:
- Autograph Stage with current NFL players and NFL Legends
- Interactive games, Play Football clinics, and PLAY 60 Zone for the smallest NFL fans
- Photo with the Vince Lombardi Trophy
- NFL Shop at Draft with exclusive NFL merchandise
- Taste of Tailgate with Nashville restaurants and Bud Light Bars
- NFL Draft Experience music stage with Nashville-based artists of all genres
- Confirmed NFL Draft sponsors include: Bridgestone, Bud Light, Dannon, FedEx, Lowe’s, Mars, Nationwide, Pepsi, Pizza Hut, Sleep Number, Verizon and Visa.
- Main Stage Location at First and Broadway to host Draft Theater. Free and open to the public to view Draft selections and A-list concerts. Artists to be announced in coming weeks.
- Draft picks on Main Stage will take place evenings of April 25 (Thursday) and April 26 (Friday) and during the afternoon of April 27 (Saturday).
- Schermerhorn Symphony Center will be host to Selection Square, which features the team tables where representatives from each club will make their Draft selections.
- The NFL Draft Red Carpet will take place on April 25 (Thursday) at The Green at Riverfront Park.
- Admission to the 2019 NFL Draft is free and open to the public. Fans can enhance their NFL Draft experience by visiting NFL.com/Draft to pre-register for Fan Mobile Pass, which provides updates on the NFL Draft App, event information and major announcements.
- Parking information, locations of ride-share drop-off and pick-up locations, and road closure and traffic pattern information will all be announced in the coming weeks.
- 2019 NFL Draft in Nashville will be one of the largest sporting events in the history of the State of Tennessee.
- The 2019 NFL Draft Local Organizing Committee has raised more than $2 million and continues to seek corporate partnerships to enhance free fan experiences and create outdoor concerts. The 38-member Committee includes honorary co-chairs Bill Haslam, former Governor, State of Tennessee; David Briley, Mayor, Metro Government of Nashville and Davidson County; and Amy Adams Strunk, Owner, Tennessee Titans. Co-chairs are Steve Underwood, CEO and President, Tennessee Titans, and Dan Mohnke, Senior Vice President, Sales & Marketing and Operations, Nissan Division U.S.
Suggested Tweet: “ANNOUNCED: Festivities, schedule, and location information for the 2019 #NFLDraft in Nashville have been released! Go to https://www.visitmusiccity.com/nfldraft for details and start following @VisitMusicCity for updates.”
The Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp
The mission of the Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp is to maximize the economic contribution of the convention and tourism industry to the community by developing and marketing Nashville as a premier destination. Visit the NCVC’s website and follow us on social media: