Learn the real story of how Nashville became Music City in “For the Love of Music: The Story of Nashville”. For over 130 years, Nashville has evolved into the world’s premier Music City. From the 1800s when the Fisk Jubilee Singers traveled across continents spreading their music, to Hank Williams, Patsy Cline, Johnny Cash, and so many others building the foundation of America’s most vibrant music scene. We’ve created a one-hour documentary that tells this story in its entirety through the eyes of the musicians, songwriters, producers, and artists who live and breathe the inspiration of this great city.
Available for free online: visitmusiccity.com/storyofnashville.
The new, award-winning documentary “It All Begins with a Song: The Story of the Nashville Songwriter” will tell their story in a way it has never been told. We document their struggles, from paying their dues to working through their creative process. We celebrate their success, from the eureka moment of uncovering that musical gem that turns into a hit to receiving a Grammy and hearing how their words and music change people’s lives. But most of all, we pay tribute to the most valuable resource in the music industry today.
Now streaming: visitmusiccity.com/itallbeginswithasong.
Even if you're not IN Nashville, you can still enjoy our great attractions! Take a virtual tour or learn something with a virtual class. Nashville businesses and attractions have gotten creative and come up with a way for you to learn how to cook, paint, and explore Nashville virtually from your home.
Nashville’s dining scene is exploding thanks to a combination of chef-driven restaurants and classic dining spots offering up Nashville Hot Chicken, barbecue, and Meat & Three fares. Check out our list of incredible restaurants if you want to dine in, eat al fresco, or get something to go! You can also create your own culinary masterpiece and learn from the best with help from Nashville chefs who are offering virtual cooking classes. Discover the spots that put Nashville on the map as a culinary destination and then come back and get the full restaurant experience.
- Bussin' With The Boys with Will Compton and Taylor Lewan
- Classically Speaking with Nashville Public Radio
- Cocaine & Rhinestones: The History of Country Music with Tyler Mahan Coe
- Coronavirus Daily with Nashville Public Radio
- Curiosity Habit with Matt Wertz
- Curious Nashville with Nashville Public Radio
- Dads Drinking Bourbon with John and Zeke
- The Influencer Podcast with Julie Solomon
- Mirror Mirror with Jesse Harbison and Allison Duke
- Movers & Thinkers with Nashville Public Radio
- Nashville Restaurant Radio with Brandon Styll
- Nashville Untold with Andrew Buckwalter
- Neighbors with Nashville Public Radio
- Preds Official Podcast with Thomas Willis and Brooks Bratten
- The Promise with Nashville Public Radio
- That Sounds Fun with Annie F. Downs
- The Tri-Star State with Nashville Public Radio
- Versify with Nashville Public Radio
- Voices in the Hall with Country Music Hall of Fame & Museum
- WPLN News Investigates: Deadly Force with Nashville Public Radio
- Your Favorite Band Sucks with Tyler Mahan Coe and Mark Mosley