NASHVILLE, Tenn. (February 18, 2021) — Gaylord Opryland invites guests to Spring It On with an itinerary of family-friendly events and activities to welcome the spring season. As a Spring Break Getaway with Easter events and Once Upon a Spring programming, activities, and a live show, the resort will provide the perfect springtime retreat from March 12 through May 16, 2021.
While staying at the resort, families can splash and swim at SoundWaves, the resort’s upscale water attraction. Guests can also participate in many free activities, including a Hop-Along Dance Party, animal encounters, fountain shows, floral resort décor, movie showings and more. Additional Easter activities will take place from March 12 through April 4. Packages including a flatboat ride, scavenger hunt and cookie decorating are on sale now at www.GaylordOpryland.com.
Once Upon a Spring events include:
- With bursts of color and flashes of magic, Mother Goose herself paints to life some of your storybook favorites at the Paint Me A Fairytale interactive storytelling adventure, including Little Red Riding Hood, Jack and The Beanstalk and The Princess and The Pea.
- Spring-A-Long Scavenger Hunt where kids and adults become real-life explorers as they navigate the resort for clues to earn a special prize.
- Decorate sweet treats at Sunshine and Sprinkles Cookie Decorating.
- The Delta Boat EGG-stra Fun theme indoor cruise is not your traditional egg hunt! (Thursdays-Sundays, March 12 – April 4 only)
- Meet and Greet the Easter Bunny for a socially-distanced photo to capture the memorable moment. Photo packages by DEI are available. (Thursdays-Sundays, March 12 – April 4 only)
- During a scenic Spring Riverboat Ride inside the 4.5-acre Delta atrium, learn about the resort’s incredible plant and fish life.
- Let your inner kid blossom with games and trivia at the Spring Family Fun Zone.
- Unwind at Color Between the Wines with colored pencils, coloring pages and wines from our featured cellar.
- Hear the Story Behind the Song from talented Nashville songwriters.
- Set sail aboard the mighty General Jackson Showboat for a midday lunch or evening dinner show, both including a live Broadway-style stage show
- Mother’s Day Brunch and other dining and cocktails offerings accenting the flavors of the season.
- Spring-themed treatments at Relâche Spa.
- Stroll the resort on a guided Green Leaf Tour to learn about our atrium’s unique species of plants.
- The Bass-ment arcade with VR games, game tables, and a rock-climbing wall.
Free activities include:
- Move, shake, dance and celebrate at a socially-distanced Hop-Along Dance Party.
- Hydrobeats Delta Atrium Fountain Show.
- Bedtime Bunny Tales from the comfort of your guest room.
- Vibrant floral displays and décor throughout the resort.
- The Wildlife Rescue Experience presented by bubly™ guides guests throughout the resort to track down endangered species and help ensure that they are monitored for their protection. The free adventure highlights indigenous animals from Tennessee and, with the magic of augmented reality, brings them to life before the participants’ eyes.
- Popular attractions at Pinetop outdoor village will remain available Thursday-Sunday, now through March 21 including live performances, tubing, ice skating, ice bumper cars, and snacks from Auntie Anne’s
- Plus movie showings, Bloomin’ Buddies Animal Encounters, selfie spots and self-guided hotel tours.
Perfect for spring break, a romantic night away or family staycation, the resort is offering a Spring Into Fun Getaway Package starting at $259 for a family of four including one-night accommodations, four flatboat cruise tickets, two scavenger hunt books, and two cookie decorating kits. Packages are on sale now, and individual tickets for select spring activities will go on sale February 22.
Also available is an escape to SoundWaves, the resort’s upscale modern oasis. SoundWaves Experience Packages include a one-night stay plus guaranteed admission to enjoy the 84-degree, indoor water attractions; families can add Once Upon A Spring activities to complete their getaway. From thrill rides such as the FlowRider® Double, five water slides and a rapids river, to chill vibes at the lazy river or adults-only pool, there is something for everyone at SoundWaves. Seasonal specials and Tennessee resident package rates are available. Learn more at www.SoundWavesGO.com.
As the safety of its guests and STARS (employees) is of paramount importance, Gaylord Opryland’s Once Upon A Spring program has been developed in accordance with Marriott’s “Commitment to Clean” program and with enhanced protocols and social distancing measures. Face coverings must be worn by all guests ages two and older in all indoor/outdoor public areas and at Once Upon A Spring events; face coverings may be removed while seated in a restaurant or swimming in a pool. Programming will also operate in consideration with the latest local, state, and federal legislation.
For more information on Once Upon A Spring events and overnight room packages, visit www.GaylordOpryland.com.
# # #
ABOUT GAYLORD OPRYLAND
Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, located at 2800 Opryland Drive in Nashville, Tenn., is the flagship property of Gaylord Hotels, part of the Marriott portfolio of brands. The 2,888-room hotel offers “everything in one place”— SoundWaves upscale indoor/outdoor water attraction, diverse dining options, a full-service spa, top-notch entertainment, on-site shopping, an award-winning golf course and more. For more information, visit www.GaylordOpryland.com.