NASHVILLE – Nashville ranked No. 6 on the 2019 list of cities considered the most outstanding meeting destinations in the United States as determined by Cvent, a global meetings management company. This is Nashville’s highest ranking on the prestigious list since Music City broke into the Top 10 at No. 10 in 2014. The city was No. 7 in 2018 and 2017 and No. 9 in 2016 and 2015.
“The new Cvent ranking is further proof of Nashville’s global popularity,” Mayor David Briley said. “Our hospitality industry is a big reason for that, with top-notch hotels and venues with amazing staff that make visitors feel immediately welcome no matter where they’re from. In return, we benefit as a city from the tax revenues generated from visitor spending that goes into our neighborhoods, schools and more.”
“Nashville remains in high demand as a convention destination by continuing to offer a high-level of customer service and being friendly and authentic to visitors from around the world,” said Butch Spyridon, President and CEO, Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp. “We should all be proud of the hospitality industry’s continued momentum in bringing 15.2 million visitors last year and generating $6.5 billion in visitor spending. This kind of economic activity employs tens of thousands of Nashvillians and generates significant tax revenue for the city’s budget.”
Cvent determines top destinations around the world based on booking activity through the company’s venue sourcing sites. Over 11,000 global cities were evaluated based on activity for the 2018 calendar year, and a list of the Top 50 U.S. cities was selected from that information. The rankings are based on factors that include the number of requests for proposals cities receive and are awarded, the number of hotel room nights booked and the percentage of qualified meeting venues.
The top ten U.S. cities, including Nashville, include:
2. Las Vegas
7. San Diego
8. New York
10. Washington, D.C
Other recent Nashville accolades include the following:
- Travel + Leisure included Nashville on its list of The 15 Best Cities in the United States (July 2019).
- Forbes included Nashville on its list of Top 10 American Cities for Family-Friendly Travel (June 2019).
- WalletHub named Nashville No. 9 on its list of 2019’s Best Summer Travel Destinations (May 2019).
- Nashville ranked No. 16 on the 2019 Traveler’s Choice Top 25 Destinations – United States list by TripAdvisor (March 2019).
- The South’s Best Food Cities 2019 by Southern Living included Nashville (March 2019).
- The 10 Best Bang-For-The-Buck Vacation Destinations by Forbes ranked Nashville at No. 4 (January 2019).
The Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp
The mission of the Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp is to maximize the economic contribution of the convention and tourism industry to the community by developing and marketing Nashville as a premier destination. Visit the NCVC’s website at www.visitmusiccity.com and follow us on social media: