- Half of the duo Brooks & Dunn, the highest-selling duo in the history of country music
- Hit songs include "Boot Scootin; Boogie," "My Maria," "Only in America," and "Believe"
- Host of "American Country Countdown" radio show
- Founding partner of Arrington Vineyards
- As a part of Brooks & Dunn, sold more than 30 million records and had more than 20 No. 1 hits
Kix Brooks has been performing and writing songs since the age of 12. In 1990, he teamed with Ronnie Dunn to create Brooks & Dunn, a career decision that changed the course of country music history.
Brooks & Dunn is the highest-selling duo in the history of country music, having sold more than 30 million records and enjoyed 23 No. 1 hits. They have won more than 80 major industry awards and currently hold the record for the number of awards won at both the ACM and the CMA Awards. Brooks is the host of "American Country Countdown," an internationally-syndicated radio program.
Brooks is also an active civic leader in Nashville. He has served as both President and Chairman of the Country Music Association. Brooks is also on the board of Vanderbilt Children's Hospital and previously served on the Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau Board. He is the local spokesperson for Monroe Harding Children's Home and is a founding partner of Arrington Vineyards in Arrington, TN.
In 2015, Brooks & Dunn joined forces with Reba McEntire for Reba + Brooks & Dunn: Together in Vegas, a Las Vegas residency at The Colosseum at Caesar's Palace.
Inducted to the Music City Walk of Fame on November 6, 2011.