Thank you for considering giving back to the Nashville community through the donation of time, funds, or supplies. Below are some organizations and donation ideas to help get you started.
Care Kitchen Outreach
Care Kitchen Outreach is a 501c3 focused on the rescue and redistribution of food in Nashville, TN. Their goal is to help eradicate hunger in Nashville.
Hands On Nashville
Hands On Nashville (HON) works with corporations of all sizes to meet Middle Tennessee's pressing needs through strategic volunteerism. From Nashville-based companies to inbound conference groups, HON specializes in the management of custom volunteer events that address the philanthropic goals of its clients.
Annually, HON connects thousands of volunteers to service opportunities supporting area nonprofits and its programs in urban agriculture, home energy savings, youth leadership development and support of public education.
Request a Custom Day of Service
Nashville LGBT Chamber of Commerce
The Nashville LGBT Chamber of Commerce advances common business interests, economic growth, and equality in the workplace for its LGBT members, businesses, and allies by providing educational, networking, and community-building opportunities. Their mobile-responsive on line business directory is the trusted source to find local LGBT-friendly businesses, events, and organizations.
Nashville Rescue Mission
Since 1954, Nashville Rescue Mission has been meeting the needs of the poor and homeless through emergency services and life-recovery programs, focusing on spiritual growth, education, and employment with a goal of restoring hope and transforming lives. Nashville Rescue Mission is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and is located at 639 Lafayette Street, Nashville, TN 37203.
Thistle Farms is a social enterprise of women who have survived prostitution, trafficking, addiction, and life on the streets. By hand, the women create natural body care products as good for the earth as for the body. All proceeds benefit Thistle Farms and its two-year residential program, Magdalene.
W.O. Smith/Nashville Community Music School
W.O. Smith Music School provides music instruction to children who qualify for the free and reduced price lunch programs in public schools in middle Tennessee. 650 children, ages 6 to 18, receive private or group instruction, an instrument as well as their learning materials for the cost of 50¢ per lesson. All of our more than 220 teaching artists are volunteers. We transform lives through music.
YWCA of Nashville & Middle Tennessee
YWCA of Nashville & Middle Tennessee is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women, and promoting peace, justice, freedom, and dignity for all. It is the vision of the YWCA of Nashville & Middle Tennessee to focus on women and girls who desire to create a better quality of life for themselves and/or their families, to achieve self-sufficiency, and to increase their financial strength. The YWCA will also be a spokesperson for those women who have no voice. Further, they will raise the awareness and diminish the incidence of violence and racism.
Here are some ways you can orchestrate a one-of-a-kind star performance for your Music City meeting.
- Host an event with Thistle Farms employees sharing the story and selling their all-natural, hand-made products.
- Schedule an All Access Expedition at the Nashville Zoo to provide funding for improvement of its animal care program.
- Host a benefit or donate the proceeds of an auction to Schermerhorn Symphony Center’s Music Education initiative.
- Volunteer at the historic Civil War site, Fort Negley.
- Organize a music concert to benefit Musicians On Call: Nashville.
- Organize a 5K run or walk to benefit W.O. Smith Music School.
- Donate extra convention bags or other supplies to the Nashville Rescue. Mission.
- Donate money, school supplies, or musical instruments to the Nashville Alliance for Public Education which supports local schools’ music programs.
- Donate money to the Music City, Inc. to support projects such as Music City Walk of Fame.
- Organize a food drive to benefit Nashville Salvation Army’s Stop Hunger program.
- Create and give custom giving cards to benefit Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee.
- Organize volunteers through Hands On Nashville.