Thank you for considering giving back to the Nashville community through the donation of time, funds, or supplies. Below are some organizations and donation ideas to help get you started.
Habitat for Humanity
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Nashville is an ecumenical Christian ministry that provides the life-changing opportunity for people to purchase and own quality, affordable homes. Habitat family partnerships enable dignity of life for those who choose it and work to achieve it, help to create safer neighborhoods for more children, and facilitate a pathway of hope for those we serve.
habitatnashville.org 615-254-HOME (4663)
Hands On Nashville
Hands On Nashville (HON) works with corporations of all sizes to meet Middle Tennessee's pressing needs through strategic volunteerism. From Nashville-based companies to inbound conference groups, HON specializes in the management of custom volunteer events that address the philanthropic goals of its clients.
Annually, HON connects thousands of volunteers to service opportunities supporting area nonprofits and its programs in urban agriculture, home energy savings, youth leadership development and support of public education.
Request a Custom Day of Service
Nashville Rescue Mission
Since 1954, Nashville Rescue Mission has been meeting the needs of the poor and homeless through emergency services and life-recovery programs, focusing on spiritual growth, education, and employment with a goal of restoring hope and transforming lives. Nashville Rescue Mission is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and is located at 639 Lafayette Street, Nashville, TN 37203.
Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee
Founded in 1978, Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee relies on a network of growers, manufacturers, wholesalers, grocery stores, and individuals to donate food that is distributed to the community through more than 400 not-for-profit agencies in Middle Tennessee. Partners include food pantries, soup kitchens, shelters, child care facilities, senior centers, group homes, and youth enrichment programs.
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
The mission of St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is to advance cures, and means of prevention, for pediatric catastrophic diseases through research and treatment. Consistent with the vision of our founder Danny Thomas, no child is denied treatment based on race, religion or a family's ability to pay.stjude.org 615-760-8006 or email@example.com
Thistle Farms is a social enterprise of women who have survived prostitution, trafficking, addiction, and life on the streets. By hand, the women create natural body care products as good for the earth as for the body. All proceeds benefit Thistle Farms and its two-year residential program, Magdalene.
W.O. Smith/Nashville Community Music School
W.O. Smith Music School provides music instruction to children who qualify for the free and reduced price lunch programs in public schools in middle Tennessee. 650 children, ages 6 to 18, receive private or group instruction, an instrument as well as their learning materials for the cost of 50¢ per lesson. All of our more than 220 teaching artists are volunteers. We transform lives through music.
Here are some ways you can orchestrate a one-of-a-kind star performance for your Music City meeting.
- Host an event with Thistle Farms employees sharing the story and selling their all-natural, hand-made products.
- Schedule an All Access Expedition at the Nashville Zoo to provide funding for improvement of its animal care program.
- Host a benefit or donate the proceeds of an auction to Schermerhorn Symphony Center’s Music Education initiative.
- Volunteer at the historic Civil War site, Fort Negley.
- Organize a music concert to benefit Musicians On Call: Nashville.
- Organize a 5K run or walk to benefit W.O. Smith Music School.
- Donate extra convention bags or other supplies to the Nashville Rescue. Mission.
- Donate money, school supplies, or musical instruments to the Nashville Alliance for Public Education which supports local schools’ music programs.
- Donate money to the Music City, Inc. to support projects such as Music City Walk of Fame.
- Organize a food drive to benefit Nashville Salvation Army’s Stop Hunger program.
- Create and give custom giving cards to benefit Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee.
- Organize volunteers through Hands On Nashville.