NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Dec. 3, 2019) —Overcome the post-holiday blues and kick off the New Year with a taste of summer at the Progressive Insurance Nashville Boat Show, Tennessee’s largest boating event, cruising into Music City Center January 9-12, 2020.
Tickets are on sale now for this one-stop shop to get ready for fun on the water, with deals on more than 300 boats, plus fishing and boating educational opportunities, the latest in marine technologies and outdoor accessories, and fun for the whole family.
Now in its 34th year, the show is an annual destination for boating enthusiasts of all ages, budgets, and experience levels. Attendees have the opportunity to board and buy the newest boats, watch fishing demonstrations (with real fish!) indoors in the middle of January, brush up on skills ahead of the boating season, and much more.
Highlights for 2020 include:
- NEW – Hawg Trough – 5,000-gallon fish tank: This 40-foot-long fully-stocked fish tank is the best way to see firsthand how fish react to different techniques, bait and lures. Top anglers will teach fishing and casting skills in the tank during FREE daily seminars.
- Angie Scott and Barb Carey will host the national The Woman Angler & Adventurer podcast live from the show at the Hawg Trough on Saturday, January 11 at noon. The podcast was created to inspire women of all ages to be active outdoors.
- Super Thursday – $5 after 5 p.m.: On Thursday, January 9, tickets are only $5 after 5 p.m. when you purchase online. Festivities include one-day-only special offers and meet-and-greets with superheroes. Kids are encouraged to dress as their favorite characters. Those in costume receive a special prize (while supplies last).
- More Family Fun in 2020: New this year – Kids’ Fishing 101, where attendees ages 5-12 can learn fishing tips and basics that will have them catching “the big one” in no time. Young skippers are also invited to complete a Discover-A-Boat Scavenger Hunt, get crafty at the Create-a-Crankbait station and participate in a variety of boating and fishing education activities. Costumed characters and balloon artists will also be on hand.
- Miss Geico Offshore Racing Boat: This one-of-a-kind 50-ft. Victory catamaran made of carbon/Kevlar is powered by 1650 RACE Mercury racing engines that generate 3,300 horsepower and can reach speeds in excess of 200 mph!
- Boating Skills Virtual Trainer: The America’s Boating Club lets attendees take the helm and set out on a simulated “boat trip” to practice boating skills such as docking, pivot turns, stopping and more.
- Daily Complimentary Boating Seminars and Newsworthy Speakers: Attendees can choose from a host of various free seminars to brush up on their boating skills.
- Featured speakers include Joey Monteleone and Billy Hurt. Monteleone is a writer, radio and TV personality and seminar speaker dedicated to sharing his knowledge of the outdoors with fellow Tennesseans. Hurt is a former FLW Tennessee State Champion and Southern Division Champion angler. He’s been fishing professionally for over 25 years and currently serves as a member of the Ranger Boats Pro Staff.
For a full schedule of activities, speakers and events, visit www.NashvilleBoatShow.com.
January 9–12, 2020
- Thursday, Jan. 9: 2 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 10: 12 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- Saturday, Jan. 11: 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 12: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Music City Center, 201 5th Ave S., Nashville, TN 37203
Tickets are available at www.NashvilleBoatShow.com and at the box office during the show.
- Adults – $12 (ages 13 and older)
- Children – FREE (12 and under with paid adult)
- Active military – FREE with military ID, box office only
Special discounts available:
- Cyber Monday – Buy One Ticket, Get One FREE (online only, available beginning December 2, 2019, expires December 6, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.)
- Super Thursday – $5 After 5 p.m. (online only, available Thursday, January 9; and guests will be treated to other $5 specials such as food and beverage items.)
- $2 Off Advance Purchase – $10 general admission; online only; offer ends January 8
About the Progressive® Insurance Nashville Boat Show
The Progressive Insurance Nashville Boat Show is produced by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), the world’s largest producer of boat and sportshows and the leading association representing the recreational boating industry. NMMA member companies produce more than 80 percent of the boats, engines, trailers, accessories and gear used by boaters and anglers throughout the U.S. and Canada. The association is dedicated to industry growth through programs in public policy advocacy, market statistics and research, product quality assurance and promotion of the boating lifestyle. For more, visit www.nmma.org. To learn more about Progressive Boat Insurance, which insures more than one million watercraft, please visit www.progressive.com/boat or contact Julie Kolencik at Julie_Kolencik@Progressive.com, (440) 395-2019.