NASHVILLE INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT SURPASSES 11 MILLION PASSENGERS IN 2014
NASHVILLE ─ The Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority (MNAA) today announces Nashville International Airport (BNA) served more than 11 million passengers in the 2014 calendar year. This is the first time BNA has ever eclipsed the 11 million mark in its 77-year history.
“Nashville International Airport continues to ascend at a record-setting pace, reaching new heights each day, month and year,” Rob Wigington, president and CEO of the Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority, said. “This underscores Nashville’s thriving economy and vibrant tourism market making Music City the destination of choice for so many. We look forward to carrying this momentum into the new year and are excited to help Nashville and Middle Tennessee continue to soar.”
In 2014, 11,039,634 passengers traveled into and out of BNA, a 6.6 percent increase over the previous year. Additionally, BNA introduced a number of new initiatives and services in 2014, including:
• Nonstop service to Dallas Love Field (DAL) and the recently announced long-sought after service to Oakland International Airport (OAK) and the San Francisco Bay Area through Southwest Airlines,
• Additional service to Ronald Reagan Washington National (DCA) and seasonal service to Cancun, Montego Bay and Punta Cana,
• Becoming the first airport in the U.S. to allow ride-sharing services, such as Lyft and Uber, to operate on airport property,
• An airport-wide beer and liquor license, allowing guests to carry their alcoholic beverages throughout the secure side of the terminal,
• Free Wi-Fi and enhanced premium service, and
• An improved security screening process, including the TSA PreCheck program and enrollment center and posting real-time wait times for passenger security screening at each checkpoint and on the website.
Nashville International Airport is currently served by 10 airlines and offers 380 daily arriving and departing flights. Nashville International provides nonstop air service to more than 50 markets. Visit www.flynashville.com for more information.