‘The Illusionists – Live from Broadway’ brings dazzling theatrical magic show to Nashville Feb. 16-18, 2018
Tickets on sale Friday, Nov. 17, at 10 a.m.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – On the heels of a highly successful multi-city tour and run on Broadway, the world’s best-selling touring magic show, The Illusionists – Live from Broadway comes to the Tennessee Performing Arts Center’s Andrew Jackson Hall for a limited three-day engagement Feb. 16-18, 2018.
Tickets go on sale Friday, Nov. 17, at 10 a.m. at TPAC.org, by phone at 615-782-4040 and at the TPAC Box Office, 505 Deaderick St., in downtown Nashville. For groups of 10 or more, call 615-782-4060.
Full of hilarious magic tricks, death-defying stunts and acts of breathtaking wonder, The Illusionists – Live from Broadway has shattered box office records worldwide and thrilled audiences of all ages with a mind-blowing spectacular exhibition showcasing the jaw-dropping talents of five of the most incredible illusionists on earth.
“We can’t wait to bring this electrifying show to Nashville for a truly entertaining experience for the whole family,” said creative producer Simon Painter. "The Illusionists is the most non-stop and powerful mix of outrageous and astonishing acts ever to be seen on the live stage.”
The five stars, each a master in their own field are:
- The Trickster, Jeff Hobson is the epitome of glamour and showmanship. Don’t be fooled by his innocent appearance; Jeff has audiences laughing long after the curtain goes down.
- The Inventor, Kevin James, known for his innovative illusions, is an inventor, comedian and collector of the strange and unusual. Kevin is one of the most prolific inventors of magic in the world and has created some of the most celebrated illusions of the last century.
- The Deductionist, Colin Cloud, one of the greatest thought readers of all time, is a psychic savant known as a real-life Sherlock Holmes. Don’t play against him in a game of poker – he’s never lost.
- The Manipulator, An Ha Lim was the first-place winner at Korea’s Busan International Magic Competition (2006), Italy Club Convention Manipulation (2006) and World Magic Seminar in Asia (2007). He was also a Golden Lion Award winner at the World Magic Seminar in Las Vegas (2008).
- The Daredevil, Jonathan Goodwin is widely considered one of the most creative, skilled and frankly crazy stunt performers in the world. He is an accomplished knife thrower, archer, escape artist, fakir, martial artist, free diver and free climber. Unlike the other performers in the show, Jonathan is not a magician or illusionist, but he will leave the audience breathless with his death-defying stunts.
Illusionists – Live from Broadway is produced by Simon Painter, Tim Lawson and MagicSpace Entertainment. Conceived by Simon Painter, the show’s creative team includes executive producer Tim Lawson, director Neil Dorward and creative director Jim Millan.
If You Go:
The Illusionists – Live from Broadway
Feb. 16-18, 2018
TPAC’s Andrew Jackson Hall
505 Deaderick St.
Performance schedule, prices, and cast are subject to change without notice. The Broadway season is supported by the HCA Foundation on behalf of HCA and the TriStar Family of Hospitals, and media sponsors for the season include NewsChannel 5 and The Tennessean. Institutional sponsors for TPAC include Nissan North America and Coca-Cola. TPAC is funded in part by support from the Tennessee Arts Commission and the Metropolitan Nashville Arts Commission.
TPAC is an accessible facility that provides a variety of services including wheelchair accommodations, accessible parking, and assistive listening devices. Open captioning, American Sign Language, audio description, and large print and Braille programs are offered at the Sunday matinee performance of each Broadway series and Broadway special engagement. For more information about accessible services, contact email@example.com or 615-782-4087.
TPAC reminds ticket buyers that the only official place to buy tickets online is TPAC.org.