Nashville July 4th Fun Facts
Please be aware, these are the details for the 2018 Let Freedom Sing! Music City July 4th celebration. Stay tuned for 2019! You can always plan your visit at: visitmusiccity.com/placestostay.
- July 4th - Let Freedom Sing! Music City July 4th
There are 2 stages this year! The stages will feature performances from Lady Antebellum, Chris Janson, Lucie Silvas, Shannon Sanders, Andrew Combs, Kid Politics, Jason Eskridge, Katie Schecter, and the Nashville Symphony.
- More than 60,000 shells, mines and comets will launch during Let Freedom Sing! Music City July 4th, one of the largest fireworks show in the country.
- Nashville has hosted one of the largest fireworks shows in the country for the past three July 4 celebrations.
- Pyro Shows and the Nashville Symphony have been working for months selecting music and fireworks – and combining them into a spectacular, synchronized show of music, lights and sound.
- There will be several elements that viewers should look for:
Sparkling waterfall: The shells burst softly and fall like a gentle waterfall as they strobe and sparkle. The lights from each shell last up to 10 seconds each. Pyro Shows will shoot 64 individual waterfall shells at the same time.
Brocade gold chandelier: A real crowd pleaser used during “The Stars and Stripes Forever.” Thousands of gold willow shells ranging in size from 1 inch to 10 inches in diameter will fill the evening sky with elegant tentacles of gold willow aerial explosions.
Ghost shells: These shells are invisible until a special coating burns off each star allowing it to illuminate in sequence. The stars in the sky sweep from right to left and then left back to right, creating an eerie but fascinating appearance.
Water fireworks: This feature will take place during a sequence when the music is low and slow. The Cumberland River will come alive with hundreds of small multi-colored fire flowers that dance and float to the sway of the music.
Finale: We know of no other show in the country this July 4th that will duplicate the power and duration of the thunderous finale that will immediately follow the Nashville Symphony performance. The power of the fireworks show ratchets up during the final song, but Pyro Shows will wait until the conclusion of the music to turn up the volume to full strength.
- More than 33,500 pounds of explosives and 100 miles of wire will be used during the show.
- The largest shells are 10 inches in diameter (larger than a basketball) and weigh 10 pounds each. Mortars are fired at speeds of about 200 miles per hour and burst at an altitude of 1,000 feet above the ground. Each of these shells produce a colorful canopy of colored stars that are at least two football fields in width.
- Twenty technicians from Pyro Shows will work on the Nashville show with combined 2,600-man hours over the course of 10 days.
Wyler's Light Family Fun Zone
- On July 4, the free Wyler's Light Family Fun Zone at Music City Walk of Fame Park will have inflatables, games, and interactive fun starting at 12pm.
July 4th Merchandise
- The official Music City July 4th t-shirt and koozie will be available for purchase at Third Avenue and Broadway. In addition, Koozies can be purchased at the Grab & Go stand on First Avenue and Broadway and any beverage station.
- A team will be roaming the event site, interacting with YOU and offering fun #NashvilleJuly4 props for exciting photo opportunities to be shared on social media.
- Friends and fans of Music City are encouraged to visit the #MyFavoriteNashville zone on Broadway near Third Avenue for a chance to win prizes to local attractions, capture the moment with a cool backdrop, and share with the world their favorite things about Nashville.
- The Advance Financial Picture Frame will be located at First and Broadway near the Court of Flags. Take your photo in the frame and post on social media with the #NashvilleJuly4 tag and @VisitMusicCity!
- Wyler's Light will have their own backdrop located at Music City Walk of Fame Park to snag a photo to remember the moment forever.
- Join the conversation and share your photos with #NashvilleJuly4. Check out our gallery.
- Jack Daniel’s: The Jack Daniel’s trailer is a comprehensive JD Tennessee Whiskey zone on wheels. It will feature a Jack Daniel’s bar, leisure area and will also showcase the Jack Daniel’s Distillery Tour in virtual reality. Also, be on the lookout for the Jack Daniel’s airstream bar. Another place to find your favorite Jack Daniel’s cocktail. Your friends at Jack Daniel’s remind you to drink responsibly. The Jack Daniel's trailer will be located at First Avenue in the Acme Feed & Seed parking lot.
- Budweiser: Budweiser products are also offered for sale to friends 21+. They will have two bars on site with TVs. One will be located at First Avenue in the Acme Feed & Seed parking lot and the other will be located inside Ascend Amphitheater.
- Advance Financial Photo Frame: The Advance Financial Picture Frame will be located at First and Broadway near the Court of Flags. Take your photo in the frame and post on social media with the #NashvilleJuly4 tag and @VisitMusicCity!
- Dr Pepper: Grab a drink. Dr Pepper products are available for purchase throughout the event site. You can even snag a free sample of Dr Pepper Cherry at Music City Walk of Fame Park.
- National Championship Trophy presented Dr Pepper: College football fans can take a free photo with The National Championship Trophy presented by Dr Pepper. This is the actual trophy for the upcoming 2018 season, which will be awarded on the field at the College Football Playoff National Championship Game on Jan. 7, 2019 in Santa Clara, CA. It weighs approximately 50 pounds and is made of 24-karat gold, stainless steel, and bronze. Music City Walk of Fame Park at the Fifth Avenue Landing.
- The Dr Pepper Football Toss: Test your football throwing accuracy at the Dr Pepper inflatable can. Noon – 6 p.m. at Music City Walk of Fame Park near Fifth Avenue.
- Tennessee Lottery: The Tennessee Education Lottery has raised over $4.5 billion for education in Tennessee, and more than 120,000 students benefit each year from Lottery-funded scholarships and grants. Stop by the Tennessee Lottery’s tent on July 4th to play a Lottery game or two while helping raise valuable funds for education. For every $5 spent, you’ll receive a play on the Plinko board for a guaranteed to win a prize. The Tennessee Lottery: Game Changing Fun! Check them out at Music City Walk of Fame Park at Fifth Avenue.
- Haribo: Sweeten your day with free gummies from HARIBO®, the makers of favorites like Goldbears®, Twin Snakes® and Happy Cola®. Stop by the booth to snap a picture with the HARIBO bear or, even better, create a sharable gif. Kids and grown-ups love it so, the happy world of HARIBO! Music City Walk of Fame Park near the Hilton Hotel at Fifth Avenue.
- Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbeque Sauce: Samples of Sweet Baby Ray’s Barbeque Sauce. They will be located on Broadway between Third and Fourth Avenue.
- KCBS (Kansas City Barbecue Society): Mike and Christine Peters have been promoting for the Great American BBQ Tour/Great American Cookout Tour for the past 10 years. During this time, they have driven close to 300,000 miles from border to border and coast to coast promoting BBQ, KCBS and 56 different brands. At the end of 2017, they had attended 215 festivals and events with over 18 million in attendance, in addition to another 226 retail stops. 2018 will add another 20 festivals and up to 50 more retail stops. Cooking demonstrations, sampling, coupons and giveaways from partners such as McCormick Grillmates, Bubba Burgers and Royal Oak Charcoal. They will be at Broadway between Third and Fourth Avenue.
- Wyler’s Light Family Fun Zone: Join Wyler’s Light® in the Family Fun Zone this July 4th! We’ll be serving up a variety of refreshing beverages to help keep you cool throughout the day. Come and enjoy our picnic tables, the perfect spot for you to kick back, relax and take a break from the heat. Don’t forget to strike a pose and snap a pic or two in front of our epic photo wall before grabbing your favorite Wyler’s Light singles-to-go drink mix to enjoy later in the day! Go visit them at Music City Walk of Fame Park.
- Picker’s Vodka: Stop by the Picker’s Vodka tent and enjoy face painting, games and a gift shop. Prizes include sunglasses, koozies and a Pennington Distilling Tour Card. They will be at Broadway between Third and Fourth Avenue.
- Metro PCS: Stop by the Metro PCS tent to recharge your phone, visit the photo booth or try your luck at Spin the Wheel. Giveaways include ink pens, hand sanitizer pens, keychain bottle openers, beach balls, cinch backpacks, stadium cups and chip clips. Check them out at Music City Walk of Fame Park at the Fifth Avenue Landing.
- Orca Coolers: Drinkware will be for sale. Find them at Music City Walk of Fame Park at the Fifth Avenue Landing.
- Copa Di Vino: Enjoy a refreshing glass of wine at various location within the event site.
- “The Soundtrack of America. Made in Tennessee”: The Soundtrack of America. Made in Tennessee. will be handing out fans to help you cool down the Nashville Information Booths at the Corner of First and Broadway near the Court of Flags, and located in Music City Walk of Fame Park along Fifth Avenue..
- Tennessee Highway Safety Office: The Tennessee Highway Safety Office reminds you to drive safely on July 4th. Buckle up…every trip…every time. Click It or Ticket!
- Topgolf: Topgolf features fun and competitive golf games for all ages in climate-controlled hitting “bays” similar to a bowling lane. With an impressive food and drink menu, private spaces for groups of any size, and live music at its concert venue, The Cowan, Topgolf Nashville has something for everyone. Learn more at topgolf.com/nashville. Check them out at Music City Walk Of Fame Park at Fifth Avenue.
- Navy Federal Credit Union: Navy Federal Credit Union is proud to serve the military community here and around the world. Visit them at their booth or at navyfederal.org. Federally insured by NCUA. They will be giving away branded towels representing the different branches of service (Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines and Coast Guard) plus glow sticks. Find them at Music City Walk of Fame Park at Fifth Avenue.