- The National Museum of African American Music will celebrate their Grand Opening on January 18 and will open to the public on January 30. With the mission of educating the world, preserving the legacy, and celebrating the central role African Americans play in creating the American soundtrack, the museum’s curated collections cover 50 genres and subgenres and are displayed throughout five galleries. nmaam.org
- Fifth + Broadway is a new development at, you guessed it, 5th Avenue & Broadway in downtown Nashville. Boasting an impressive roster of local and national restaurants (Hattie B’s Hot Chicken, Slim & Husky’s, Edley’s BBQ, Thai Esane, Prince’s Hot Chicken, and more), retailers (Nash Collection, Revv, Ariat, Ray-Ban, and more), office space, and residences. fifthandb.com
- James Beard award-winning chef Sean Brock plans to open his highly anticipated Appalachian-food focused restaurant Audrey, located in East Nashville, in 2021. chefseanbrock.com
In 2020, 2,539 hotel rooms opened, and 2021 is expected to bring 2,584 more, including:
- W Hotel - The Gulch | 346 rooms, 60 suites, 9,700-foot WET Deck pool and bar, two restaurants, rooftop bar, coffee shop, and 21,000 square of feet of flexible meeting space
- Hyatt Centric - Downtown | 252 rooms, restaurant, bar, amenity deck with a rooftop pool, 4,500 square feet of meeting and event space, and 4,000 square feet of leasable retail space
- Embassy Suites/1 Hotel - Downtown | combined 721 rooms with over 23,000 square feet of meeting space
- Picasso. Figures - Featuring approximately 75 paintings, works on paper, and sculptures, this exhibition from the collection of the Musée national Picasso-Paris will make its sole US appearance at Nashville's Frist Art Museum February 5-May 2.
- NASCAR @ Nashville Superspeedway - NASCAR takes over Nashville Superspeedway for a tripleheader over Father's Day Weekend, June 18-20. The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Race is June 18, NASCAR Xfinity Series Race is June 19, and the NASCAR Cup Series Race closes out the big weekend on June 20.
- Music City Grand Prix - IndyCar is coming to Nashville August 6-8, for a three-day festival featuring live music from top artists, local food trucks and food court, and, of course, the race. Drivers will speed through the 2.17-mile street circuit from Nissan Stadium over the bridge to downtown Nashville, and back.
Pablo Picasso (1881–1973). Portrait of Dora Maar, Paris, November 23, 1937. Oil on canvas, 21 3/4 x 18 1/4 in. Musée national Picasso-Paris, Pablo Picasso Acceptance in Lieu, 1979. MP166. © 2020 Estate of Pablo Picasso / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York. Photo © RMN-Grand Palais (Musée national Picasso-Paris) / Mathieu Rabeau
While we're excited to welcome new things, we're also honored to celebrate several major anniversaries in 2021, including: