Music City Walk of Fame Nomination Guidelines
1. Nomination forms are now being accepted for the next induction ceremony. Nomination forms can be printed from this site by clicking the button above or they may be picked up from either of the two Nashville Visitor Information Centers located in the tower of the Bridgestone Arena at the corner of 5th Avenue and Broadway or in the bottom of the US Bank Building at the corner of 4th Avenue and Commerce.
2. Nominations must fall in one of four categories.
Categories for Nominations:
- Producer/Music Industry Executive
3. Criteria for Walk of Fame Star Guitar:
The criteria for receiving a star guitar consist of the following: professional achievement, longevity of career, contributions to the music community and the guarantee that the celebrity will attend the dedication ceremony if selected. Posthumous awards require a two-year waiting period. One posthumous award is given each year.
4. Cost of Walk of Fame Ceremony:
The cost of a Walk of Fame Ceremony is $7,950. If selected, the fee is due eight weeks prior to the induction ceremony. The money will be used to pay for the creation and installation of the star, as well as maintenance of the Walk of Fame and as a contribution to the Music City, Inc. 501(c)3 charitable foundation. It is understood that the cost of installing a star in the Music City Walk of Fame, upon approval, is $7,950. A $50 processing fee must accompany the nomination form. The sponsor of the nominee accepts the responsibility for arranging for payment to Music City, Inc., a 501(c)3 charitable foundation.
When nominating an individual or group, the sponsor must submit the nomination form, a photo, a bio and the nominee’s qualifications as well as a list of contributions to the community and civic-oriented participation. Applications can be made by anyone including a fan as long as the celebrity or his/her management is in agreement with the nomination. If there is no letter of agreement included from the celebrity or his/her representative, the committee will not accept the application.
6. It is understood that, should the nominee be chosen for placement in the Music City Walk of Fame, said nominee guarantees to be present at the dedication ceremonies on a date and time mutually agreed upon with the Music City Walk of Fame Committee. An induction ceremony must be scheduled within two years of the selection date or the nomination must be re-submitted. Induction ceremonies are public events. Honorees recognize that, as such, footage and photos of the event are in the public realm.