Did You Know This About "Nashville"?
The show is shot entirely in Nashville, Tennessee. Even when they say they're in other cities like Atlanta and Austin, they're in Nashville!
- In Episode 7 of Season 2, all the hotel and bar scenes were shot at the Loews Vanderbilt Hotel.
- In Episode 7 of Season 2, Belmont University was the actual location of Teddy's country club on the show.
- In the first episode, they actually shot inside the real Bluebird Cafe. After that, the production built their own Bluebird Cafe in a studio just north of town because they were going to be there so much. The real Bluebird consistently has lines formed outside the club as fans hope for a coveted seat inside the legendary music venue.
- All of the scenes in Season 2 that are supposed to be at Edgehill Records are actually at Nashville's newest convention center - the Music City Center in downtown.
- All of the songs heard on the show are performed by the actual actors and actresses.
- All the backup musicians on the show are actual full-time, professional musicians living and working in Nashville.
- Each episode of "Nashville" is named using Hank Williams song titles - "I've Been Down That Road Before," "Why Don't You Love Me," "I Saw the Light" and the list goes on.
- Actor Eric Close, who plays "Nashville" Mayor Teddy Conrad, will be the Grand Marshal of The 61st Annual Nashville Christmas Parade on December 6, 2013.
- Rayna's daughters, Maddie and Daphne, are real-life sisters Lennon and Maisy Stella. The Stella sisters live just outside of Nashville with their parents, a country-folk duo known as The Stellas.
- Sam Palladio, the actor that plays Gunnar, is British. Clare Bowen, who plays Scarlett, is Australian. And Michiel Huisman, who plays Liam, is Dutch. Listen to those Southern accents!
- Several musicians play themselves throughout the season, including Brad Paisley (whose wife plays Peggy on the show), Vince Gill, Brantley Gilbert, Chris Young, and more.
- In those press conference scenes, the reporters are actual Nashville journalists, including Storme Warren, host of GAC's "Headline Country," and "The Music Row Happy Hour" on Sirius XM's "The Highway," in addition to being the regular emcee at the Music City July 4th and New Year's Eve Bash on Broadway events!
- Rayna's manager, Bucky Dawes, is played by Nashvillian David Alford. Alford has been in the Nashville theatre scene for many years, having co-founded Nashville's Mockingbird Theatre before leading the Tennessee Repertory Theatre as Executive Artistic Director for a time. He's also appeared in other major films shot in Nashville - "The Last Castle," "Stoker," and "Blue Like Jazz," among others.
- The man that plays songwriter/producer Watty White on the show is J.D. Souther. Souther is a stellar musician and songwriter in the real world, having penned hit songs for the likes of Linda Ronstadt and James Taylor!
- Most of the doctors and nurses you see in the hospital scenes from Season 1 are real doctors and nurses at Nashville's Southern Hills Medical Center! Nashville likes to keep things authentic.
- When you see a news anchor on television in the show, it's usually Anne Holt - real Nashville anchor for ABC affiliate WKRN.
- On Episode 5 of Season 2, when Juliette is invited to join the Grand Ole Opry, she talks to two men backstage - Steve Buchanan, real-life President of Opry Entertainment and co-creator and Executive Producer of "Nashville" and Pete Fisher, General Manager of the Grand Ole Opry.
More Fun Nashville Trivia
- On Episode 13 of Season 2, Rayna Jaymes' sister Tandy says that she resigned from her job on October 10th. October 10, 2012 was the debut of the "Nashville" pilot on ABC.
- The record labels on the show are all inspired by the real city of Nashville.
Highway 65 - Interstate 65 goes right through the center of Nashville connecting to Bowling Green, KY in the north and Huntsville, AL in the south.
Edgehill Records - Edgehill is a street in Nashville. A collection of restaurants and shops are located at Edghill and Villa, near Music Row.
Belcourt - Belcourt Avenue is a street in Hillsboro Village. The Belcourt Theatre, on Belcourt Avenue, is an independent movie theater in Nashville and former home to the Grand Ole Opry.
- On Episode 5 of Season 2, they performed at the Grand Ole Opry House to benefit the W.O. Smith Music School (you may have noticed the banners on the sides of the stage). This is a real music school in Nashville, dedicated to offering music education to children from low-income families.
- In Season 1, Rayna's father Lamar pushed Mayor of Nashville Teddy Conrad to build a new baseball stadium. In real life, Mayor Karl Dean is supporting the construction of a new baseball stadium in Nashville!
- On September 20, 2013, Eric Close (Mayor of "Nashville" Teddy Conrad) opened the Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce Annual Meeting by wishing the real Nashville Mayor Karl Dean a Happy Birthday! See a picture.