The Johnny Cash Experience
Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp contacts:
Laurel Bennett, CTIS, Vice President of Tourism Sales
615-259-4790 / Laurel@visitmusiccity.com
Amy Spear, CTIS, Senior Tourism Sales Manager
615-259-4716 / Amy@visitmusiccity.com
LouAnna Smith, Tourism Sales Manager
615-259-4758 / LouAnna@visitmusiccity.com
Mary Rowe, Sales Coordinator
615-259-4780 / Mary@visitmusiccity.com
Arrive in Nashville and listen to the music that made Music City! Holler & Swaller on Honky Tonk Highway, feel the rhythm at B.B. King’s Blues Club & Restaurant, or rock out at The Big Bang, Nashville's only all-request dueling piano bar! Enjoy dinner on your own and experience the entertainment!
Step into the footsteps of the man in black Johnny Cash, on the brand-new Walk the Line Sightseeing Tour (by Gray Line of Tennessee). On this tour you will:
Your group will head backstage at the “Mother Church of Country Music,” the Ryman Auditorium.
Enjoy a hearty Southern feast at the Opry Backstage Grill. Be sure to sample some of Dolly Parton’s banana pudding!
Experience the Grand Ole Opry - Nashville’s must-see attraction and the world’s longest-running live radio show. As the home of country music, the Opry offers an incredible mix of talent to create an American experience like no other!
• Tour the largest collection of Johnny Cash memorabilia in the world at The Johnny Cash Museum, one of only six attractions in Nashville to receive the coveted AAA Gem Rating.
• Relive the story as Johnny moves on from Sun Records' Million Dollar Quartet and releases dozens of top ten hits.
• Follow Johnny's steps from poverty-stricken dirt farmer to star outlaw in Nashville and television host idolized internationally by legions of fans.
• Sojourn to the place Johnny and June called home for over thirty years before the tragic fire and learn its history.
• See the real Mama Cash’s house, and learn what she did to support her son and his vision.
• Visit Johnny's and June's grave sites honored by so many.
• Stop a while to have a personal lunch with Johnny’s good friend and guitar player, Loney Hutchins.
• Hear about how he formed the great country supergroup Highwaymen with Kris Kristofferson, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings, his chart buster album with old Sun Record mates Roy Orbison, Jerry Lee Lewis, and Carl Perkins, and his hits with alternative band U2 and the legendary Bob Dylan.
Your group begins with a personally guided tour of Historic RCA Studio B, Home of 1,000 Hits, where music legends recorded timeless songs. Be inspired by the studio where Elvis himself stood to record over 200 songs.
Then it’s off to the Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum, where you can hear rare recordings of country’s legendary performers, see behind-the-scenes films by today’s stars, along with costumes, instruments, and personal treasures from country music’s past and present. While at the Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum, experience Cash on Cash. No one told a story quite like Johnny Cash and that tradition continues with this new program, exclusively offered at the Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum. Enjoy a private performance and discussion with Johnny and June's son, John Carter Cash.
After the excitement of touring, your group can enjoy some great barbecue at the Wildhorse Saloon, capped off with a private line dance lesson!
Experience Nashville’s newest museum! The Musicians Hall of Fame & Museum showcases the music of all genres and the very instruments that some of historys' greatest musicians used to record many classic hits.
Enjoy an authentic Music City treat… dinner followed by a show featuring a top local songwriter sharing his/her hits and the stories behind them!
Check out of your hotel.
Experience Marathon Village, one of Nashville's most creative communities - with more than 45 tenants representing fine, commercial, and performing arts. Tenants include Marathon Music Works, Antique Archaeology (the "American Pickers" TV show store), and Corsair Artisan Distillery.