Submit a Song
Songs are accepted November 1, 2013-February 15, 2014.
Stay tuned for information about the next Music City Songwriting Competition.
Read the 2013-14 Competition Rules for submission details.
2013-14 Submission Fees:
First Song $30 USD, Additional Song Submissions $20 USD
2013-14 Contest Prizes
All Contest Entrants received:
- One copy of Jana Kramer's self titled release
2013-14 Contest finalists (Top 25) received:
- Music City Songwriting Competition Certificate of Recognition
- Music City Gift Bag
The 2013-14 Grand Prize winner received:
- Two (2) roundtrip air fare tickets (winner and one (1) guest) from the closest major airport to winner’s residence served by Southwest Airlines®, on published scheduled service (subject to Southwest Airlines terms and conditions; certain restrictions may apply), to Nashville, TN.
- Transportation from Nashville International Airport to hotel and return from hotel to airport
- 5 Nights at the Renaissance Nashville Hotel
- $1,000 Cash Prize
- Winner will be interviewed on Great American Country TV to run in a scheduled show
- Winner will be interviewed by Storme Warren host of Great American Country’s Headline Country and Music Row Happy Hour on Sirius/XM Highway 59 Radio
- Featured interview with American Songwriter Magazine
- Winning song will be recorded during the taping of Sirius|XM Satellite Radio show, "Music City Connection: Heroes Behind the Hits"
- Winning song to be highlighted on Music City Radio, Nashville’s online radio station
- Personalized Autographed Jana Kramer CD
- Mentoring session with Jana Kramer
- One hour mentoring session with a professional songwriter
- Opportunity to receive a single song publishing deal
- 1 Backstage Pass which offers complimentary admission for 2 to over 30 Nashville attractions
- Nashville Music City Gift Bag
- Showcase session @ American Songwriter offices