An endless array of music, food, arts, family fun, and outdoor activities fill Nashville’s playlist this summer
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – When the weather heats up, so does the entertainment in Music City. Live music, unique festivals and events, culinary excursions, family fun and new exhibits all combined with summer sunshine and the great outdoors makes Nashville the perfect place to plan your summer getaway.
Enjoy a “play” list of Music City summer suggestions, as well as a playlist of Nashville musicians to make your visit all the more special. So pack your suitcase, download Nashville’s Summer Time Playlist and come discover why Nashville was named “Best Culture Stop” by Money Magazine for summer vacations.
Music plays 24/7/365 in Nashville. There’s country music’s biggest party, CMA Music Festival, Bonnaroo, a rocking Let Freedom Sing: July 4th in Music City with Billy Currington and the South’s largest fireworks show, stellar concerts and a myriad of free music festivals. The return of the popular Nashville Dancin’ offers free music downtown every Thursday night and Musicians Corner offers free music in Centennial Park every Saturday through June.
Eat It Up
Both local and national chefs will take center stage as food and drink festivals are spread throughout the summer calendar including Nashville Wine & Food Festival, Taste of Music City Festival, Music City Festival & BBQ Championship, Music City Food + Wine Festival, Southern Ground Music & Food Festival, and more. For more information visit: http://www.visitmusiccity.com/visitors/summerinthecity_foodevents.
Nashville’s Gone to the Kids
Of course, summer is all about fun for the family, and Nashville has plenty of that. From waterslides at Nashville Shores and David Rogers’ Big Bugs exhibit at Cheekwood, to a night out at a Nashville Sounds baseball game, family friendly attractions, festivals, restaurants and outdoor activities will have your family singing a happy tune. For more information visit: http://www.visitmusiccity.com/summerinthecity_family.
Festivals and Events
With more unique festivals and Music City events than you can count, here is a highlight of Nashville’s hot summer calendar.
Music Festivals and Events
· Music City Roots – Wednesday nights
· Musicians Corner – Saturdays in May, June, September, & October
· CMT Music Awards - June 4
· CMA Music Festival - June 5-8
· Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival – June 12-15
· Nashville Dancin’ – June 12, June 19, June 26, July 3, & July 10
· Full Moon Pickin’ Party – June 13, July 11, August 8, September 5, & October 3
· Bluegrass Nights at The Ryman – June 26, July 3, July 10, July 17, & July 24
· Let Freedom Sing: July 4th in Music City - July 4
· Live on the Green – August 14, August 21, August 28, & September 4-6
· Americana Music Awards and Festival - September 17-21
Food & Drink Festivals
· Nashville Wine & Food Festival – June 14
· Taste of Music City - June 21
· Music City Hot Chicken Festival - July 4
· Mafiaoza’s Music City Brewer’s Festival - July 19
· Music City Festival & BBQ Championship - August 22-23
· Wine on the River - September 13
· Music City Food + Wine Festival - September 20-21
· Southern Ground Music & Food Festival – Dates TBD
· First Saturday Art Crawl - the First Saturday of the month along 5th Avenue of the Arts
· Opera on the Mountain at Dyer Observatory – June 7
· Frist Fridays – June 27, July 25, August 30
· Tomato Art Festival - August 8-9
· Shakespeare in the Park - August 14-September 14 on Thursdays through Sundays and Labor Day Monday
For more information about what’s happening in Music City this summer, go to http://www.visitmusiccity.com/visitors/summerinthecity. Summer packages are now available online. Hotel and attraction packages are also available by calling the Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp at (800) 657-6910 or online at www.visitmusiccity.com. Get the Music City/Bonnaroo experience and find your Nashville hotel and shuttle packages here.