Where to Enjoy the Races at the 2015 Iroquois Steeplechase
NASHVILLE, Tennessee, April 14, 2015 – Considered Nashville’s Rite of Spring, the Iroquois Steeplechase draws a crowd of more than 25,000 attendees on the second Saturday in May each year. With this year expected to be no different, the organization is offering guests more options than ever when it comes to where to enjoy the race.
This year, Steeplechase fans have more options than ever for where to plant their seat for a day at the races:
NEW This Year
Super Talk WTN in Hospitality Village
• Super Talk 99.7 WTN is hosting an exclusive tailgate in Hospitality Village. Each $200 ticket includes one armband for access to the tent, a parking pass in Lot T, food and beverages provided by the WTN. Guests must be 21 or older to purchase a ticket for this special tailgating experience.
All-Inclusive Tailgating Package
• Also new this year, the All-Inclusive Tailgating Package offers guests everything they need to enjoy a stress-free day at the races. Each package is $860 and includes a large tailgating space in the Meadows area, a professionally installed tent, one table and tablecloth, eight chairs and armbands for eight guests. Up to 12 extra armbands can be purchased for $85 each. Guests can either bring their own food or work with pre-approved catering vendors for the perfect tailgating spread.
• Official furniture sponsor Cort Furnishing Events is offering guests in Hospitality Village and Tents in the Turn the opportunity to upgrade their tent décor with luxury items. From tables and chairs to sectional sofas, the upgrades available will ensure guests have a comfortable and relaxing race day.
Not So New, But Still Fresh
• For the second consecutive year, the Iroquois Steeplechase is selling Tailgating Singles, or individual tickets, to the infield. Tailgating Singles offer individuals the opportunity to attend the races and enjoy all that the infield has to offer, as well as the Iroquois Shoppes, Family Area and some of Nashville’s tastiest food trucks. These tickets are great for those who don’t have enough members in their group to commit to a tailgating spot. Priced at $100 each, Tailgating Singles include one armband and access to all tailgating areas, in addition to parking at Highway 100 and a shuttle ride to and from the grounds.
• Situated in the Meadows area, Alumni Row is the premier place for alumni groups looking to show off their school spirit. Each alumni group will compete with one another for the “Best Alumni Tailgate,” the winner of which will receive a FREE tailgating spot for the 2016 Iroquois Steeplechase. Tailgating packages in Alumni Row range from $600 for 10 guests to $9,500 for 95 guests. For more information, contact Iroquois Executive Director Libby Cheek at 615-591-2991 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• For those looking to steeplechase in style, the Skybox Suites offer a phenomenal panoramic view of the track from a private, elevated luxury suite and covered deck. Each suite includes air conditioning, hardwood floors, granite countertops, wet bars, a private bathroom, TVs and more. These luxury suites are selling fast. For more information, contact GeorgeAnn Dingus at email@example.com.
Tents in the Turn
• Located rail-side in the Meadows area of the infield, these private tents offer race goers a view of the final stretch. Each tent in Tents in the Turn comes outfitted with a spacious patio area as well as tables, linens and chairs. Guests can choose to have their tent catered or bring a picnic of their own. This area serves as the perfect entertaining space, whether it’s for friends and family or business associates. The tents can accommodate 30 to 140 guests and range in price from $3,000 to $10,000.
Family Area and Tailgating Section
• New to the Iroquois in 2013, the Family Area offers every member of the family a chance to enjoy race day. From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., the Family Area will offer FREE games and activities for kids 12 and under who are accompanied by a parent. Families can also purchase a tailgating spot in this area. The family tailgating package is priced at $550.
104.5 The Zone Tailgate
• Join 104.5 The Zone for a private race day tailgate in the Meadows area. Guests can spend time with 104.5 The Zone on-air personalities and enjoy complimentary food and drinks and access to other areas in the infield. Guests must be 21 or older to purchase a ticket for The Zone Tailgate. Tickets are $140 each.
• Located in Hospitality Village alongside the box seats, the Hunt Club is a premier spot to enjoy race day. Here, guests enjoy tented seating, gourmet lunch and beverages, live music and a prime view of the races on the jumbotron. Tickets are $225. Youth tickets for children 12 and under are available for $100.
• Adjacent to the box seats, Hospitality Village is the perfect venue for Steeplechase guests who want to see and be seen. This action-packed area offers an up-close view of the races and jumbotron. Tents sizes vary and can accommodate parties ranging from 20 up to 120 guests. The spaces range in price from $4,000 to $12,000. Guests choose from three pre-approved catering vendors.
About the Iroquois Steeplechase
Held on the second Saturday of every May at Nashville’s Percy Warner Park, the Iroquois Steeplechase is the premier spring race in American steeplechasing and Music City’s traditional rite of spring – typically attracting more than 25,000 spectators. Since being designated in 1981 as the official charity of the Iroquois Steeplechase, the Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt has received nearly $10 million from the event proceeds. For information on advance ticket purchases, corporate and hospitality tents, and tailgating and RV spaces, visit www.iroquoissteeplechase.org or call (615) 591-2991.