Explore Nashville with the people who play in it every day. Our city-wise volunteers, aka Music City Greeters, will lead you through downtown Nashville for a one-hour walk giving you tips on how to enjoy the city to its fullest. From architecture facts at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum to where to get Nashville’s staple cuisine, hot chicken. Don’t think of it as a tour, but more of an introduction to the city. Beware, you may just have to extend your stay to enjoy all the recommendations!
- Walks are FREE.
- Stop by the Visitor Center inside Bridgestone Arena anytime within the hours that the Music City Greeter walk is offered.
- Music City Greeter walks leave at 10:00am on Thursdays, 9:30am and 11:00am on Fridays, and 10:00am on Saturdays.
- It's a great way to figure out what Nashville has to offer during your stay.
- These one-hour guided walks are a fun and informative way to hear a Nashvillian's point-of-view of the city.
Feel you have what it takes to showcase Nashville's hospitality to our visitors? Then, sign up to volunteer by emailing Shannon Largen at: email@example.com.
Have questions? Check out our FAQs.
- Greeters are volunteers, a friendly face for those visiting a city/destination.
- Greeters welcome individuals and may serve small groups of up to six people.
- Meeting a Greeter is free of charge.
- All visitors and volunteers are welcome without any kind of discrimination.
- Greeter programs support sustainable tourism. Programs respect natural and man-made environments, bringing both cultural and economic enrichment to local communities. Programs aim for a lasting positive image of each destination.
- Greeter programs create a mutually enriching opportunity for cultural exchange; create links between people in creating a better world.
How much does it cost?
Music City Greeter walks are free with a no-tipping policy. It's the Nashville way to make sure you have the best time while here.
If you would like to make a contribution to the program, please donate here.
How do I go on a Music City Greeter walk?
To take a Music City Greeter walk, visit the Nashville Visitor Center inside Bridgestone Arena at 501 Broadway. All you have to do is tell a Visitor Center staff member that you would like to sign up for a walk. It’s that simple!
What time are the walks?
Music City Greeter walks leave at 10:00am on Thursdays, 9:30am and 11:00am on Fridays, and 10:00am on Saturdays.
Be sure to arrive 10 minutes before departure time. Groups will be limited to six people and are on a first come, first served basis.
Want to volunteer?
Are you a knowledgeable Nashvillian looking to showcase our hospitality to the world? Sign up to volunteer! Do so by emailing Shannon Largen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Music City Greeter Donations:
Music City Greeter walks are offered free of charge, with a no-tipping policy. If you'd like to make a contribution to the program, online donations are accepted and benefit the growth and maintenance of this program and Greeter network.