Get to know Nashville from a local point-of-view with the Music City Greeter. Our enthusiastic, city-wise volunteers will lead you through Downtown Nashville for one hour answering any question your heart desires. Don't think of it as a tour, more like your starting line for exploring Music City. Ready? Set. GO!
- Walks are FREE.
- Stop by the Visitor Center inside Bridgestone Arena anytime within the hours that the Music City Greeter walk is offered.
- Music City Greeter walks leave at 10:00am on Thursdays, 9:30am and 11:00am on Fridays, and 10:00am on Saturdays.
- It's a great way to figure out what Nashville has to offer during your stay.
- These one-hour guided walks are a fun and informative way to hear a Nashvillian's point-of-view of the city.
Feel you have what it takes to showcase Nashville's hospitality to our visitors? Then, sign up to volunteer by emailing Shannon Largen at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have questions? Check out our FAQs.
- Greeters are volunteers, a friendly face for those visiting a city/destination.
- Greeters welcome individuals and may serve small groups of up to six people.
- Meeting a Greeter is free of charge.
- All visitors and volunteers are welcome without any kind of discrimination.
- Greeter programs support sustainable tourism. Programs respect natural and man-made environments, bringing both cultural and economic enrichment to local communities. Programs aim for a lasting positive image of each destination.
- Greeter programs create a mutually enriching opportunity for cultural exchange; create links between people in creating a better world.
How much does it cost?
Music City Greeter walks are free with a no-tipping policy. It's the Nashville way to make sure you have the best time while here.
If you would like to make a contribution to the program, please donate here.
How do I go on a Music City Greeter walk?
To take a Music City Greeter walk, visit the Nashville Visitor Center inside Bridgestone Arena at 501 Broadway. All you have to do is tell a Visitor Center staff member that you would like to sign up for a walk. It’s that simple!
What time are the walks?
Music City Greeter walks leave at 10:00am on Thursdays, 9:30am and 11:00am on Fridays, and 10:00am on Saturdays.
Be sure to arrive 10 minutes before departure time. Groups will be limited to six people and are on a first come, first served basis.
Want to volunteer?
Are you a knowledgeable Nashvillian looking to showcase our hospitality to the world? Sign up to volunteer! Do so by emailing Shannon Largen at email@example.com.
Music City Greeter Donations:
Music City Greeter walks are offered free of charge, with a no-tipping policy. If you'd like to make a contribution to the program, online donations are accepted and benefit the growth and maintenance of this program and Greeter network.