Nashville Seniors Invited to Enjoy Free Admission to the Zoo Courtesy of Cigna-HealthSpring
Nashville’s senior community is invited to enjoy free admission to the Nashville Zoo courtesy of Cigna-HealthSpring. The biannual Senior Day scheduled for Wednesday, June 3 offers adults ages 65 and older complimentary Zoo admission along with parking validation and a $5 concessions voucher.
Senior Day activities will take place throughout the Zoo from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The young and young-at-heart can enjoy special keeper talks, rides on the Wild Animal Carousel and unique, interactive encounters with outreach animals along the Zoo paths and in the Jungle Terrace area. Additionally, Cigna-HealthSpring and several of its local partners will be on hand at the centrally-located Jungle Terrace area to provide educational materials, offer wellness information and answer questions. Activities there will include:
• Cigna-HealthSpring will conduct an informational session on the basics of Medicare at 11 a.m. Based in Nashville, Cigna-HealthSpring is one of the country's leading health plans focused on delivering care to the senior population, predominately through Medicare Advantage and other Medicare and Medicaid products.
• Nashville Public Television (NPT) will offer DVDs of its informative NPT Reports: Aging Matters documentary, which is co-sponsored by Cigna-HealthSpring. NPT will also screen Aging Matters: Overview; seating will be provided for attendees. A guest moderator from FiftyForward, a Middle Tennessee agency serving people 50 and older, will highlight key points from the screening and lead a discussion with the audience.
Cigna-HealthSpring also invited the following organizations to participate and provide informational materials:
• American Diabetes Association
• Bethlehem Centers of Nashville
• Tennessee's State Health Insurance Assistance Program (TN SHIP)
Senior Day at the Zoo is the result of a partnership between the Nashville Zoo and Cigna-HealthSpring. A second Senior Day in 2015 is scheduled for Wednesday, Oct. 7.
Cigna-HealthSpring, a Cigna company (NYSE:CI), is one of the country's leading health plans focused on delivering care to the senior population, predominately through Medicare Advantage and other Medicare and Medicaid products. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Cigna-HealthSpring offers a national stand-alone prescription drug plan and operates health plans in Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Washington, D.C. For more information, visit www.cignahealthspring.com.
About Nashville Zoo
Nashville Zoo is accredited by the prestigious Association of Zoos and Aquariums, assuring the highest standards of animal care and husbandry. Attracting more than 830,000 visitors annually, the Zoo is considered one of the top things to do in Nashville. The Zoo is a non-profit organization located at 3777 Nolensville Pike and is open every day except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day. The mission of Nashville Zoo is to inspire a culture of understanding and discovery of our natural world through conservation, innovation and leadership. For more information about Nashville Zoo, call 615-833-1534 or visit nashvillezoo.org.