Nashville Food Truck Association to celebrate second annual Nashville Street Food Month
April 29, 2014 – The Nashville Food Truck Association will kick off the second annual Nashville Street Food Month on May 1, announced Dallas Shaw, NFTA president. The official celebration will take place at “Spring into Street Food,” where 18 trucks will serve breakfast and lunch on Deaderick Street in downtown Nashville on Thursday, May 1. With nearly 40 NFTA members, there will be many trucks serving throughout the greater Nashville area that day.
Trucks scheduled for “Spring into Street Food” include Bacon Nation, Crepe A Diem, Deg Thai, Doughworks, Hoss’ Loaded Burgers, Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream, Jonbalaya, Julia’s Bakery, Mobile Chef, Moovers and Shakers, Music City Pie Co, Pita Pit, Retro Sno, Riffs Fine Street Food, Smoke Et Al, Smokin’ Thighs, Smoothie King, and Yayo’s OMG.
Additional truck locations for May 1 include Confeastador, Airways Plaza at 1281 Murfreesboro Pike; The Rolling Feast, Tennessee Towers at 311 7th Avenue North; Crankee’s Pizzeria, White’s Mercantile at 2908 12th Ave S; Delta Bound, Centennial Park and Yazoo Brew; Pappy’s Mobile Cafe, Energy Park at 377 Riverside Drive in Franklin, among others.
Throughout the month, each truck will celebrate by creating a special menu item or promotion. Full truck schedules can be found on the NFTA app, available on iPhone or Android. While each truck owner will announce their specials via social media, a few of note include:
- Bacon Nation will celebrate its six-month anniversary on May 8 at TN Tower for lunch and Yazoo for dinner, offering $1 off any entrée purchased that day.
- Biscuit Love Truck will travel to New York City on May 1 for the release of the “Fried and True” cookbook, where one of their recipes is featured. They also will serve at the International Biscuit Festival in Knoxville, May 15-17.
- Crepe A Diem will celebrate its one-year anniversary on May 4 at Yazoo Brewery.
- Delta Bound will celebrate its two-year anniversary on May 23, and their national appearance on Cooking Channel’s “Eat Street” will air this spring.
- Hoss’ Loaded Burgers will celebrate National Burger Month with a rotating series of specials each week, including the Red, White and Blue, The Lumberjack, and The Jaw Dropper.
- Jonbalaya will travel to Kansas for the nine-day River Festival and a series of throw downs with one of Wichita's premiere food trucks before heading to the Country Stampede at Lake Tuttle.
- The Grilled Cheeserie will feature an homage to fellow food trucks by serving a different ‘melt of the moment’ each week based on signature menu items from Biscuit Love Truck, Hoss’ Loaded Burgers, Riffs Fine Street Food, and Yayo’s OMG.
- Pita Pit will offer 100% of tips and cookie sales to Make-A-Wish in honor of their wish kid, Aries.
- Retro Sno will celebrate its two-year anniversary on May 3 at Musicians Corner in Centennial Park. They also are hosting a contest to name the second truck, which will be announced at the celebration.
- Riffs Fine Street Food will celebrate its three-year anniversary with a special event on May 7 at Yazoo Brewery; their menu will feature longtime favorites and new inventions.
- Smoke Et Al will participate in the World Championship BBQ Cooking Contest in Memphis, May 14-17.
- Smokin’ Thighs will continue work on its brick & mortar location, opening this summer.
Special menu items include the following: Jonbalaya will feature a Nashville-style hot chicken on butter pecan waffle; Music City Pie Co will feature a Cinco de Mayo inspired chicken enchilada pie; Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream will feature surprise, limited edition flavors currently not found in the shops; Crankee’s Pizzeria will offer a rotating series of specials; Smoke Et Al will feature the Les Trois Petitte Cochon, which includes three different cuts of pork in different textures and temperatures; the Confeastador will offer the Foie Gras Burger; Delta Bound will offer Delta Fried Catfish Tacos, Le Grand Cochon (Big Pig) Burger, and Delta B’s Hot Nashville; Smokin’ Thighs will feature award winning wings with dry rub; and Crepe A Diem will offer baguette sandwiches.
Nashville Street Food Month celebrations will take place on Saturday, May 24, at Musicians Corner in Centennial Park, with other multi-truck events to be announced on the NFTA blog, including additional “Spring into Street Food” events on May 15 and 29, Dogwood Festival, May 2-4, East Side Hootenanny on May 24 and 31, and Eat the Street Franklin on May 9.
Truck schedules are subject to change; check social media and the app for updates.
The current members of NFTA include Armory Eats, Bacon Nation, Biscuit Love Truck, Blue Monkey Shaved Ice, Bradley’s Curbside Creamery, Confeastador, Crankee’s Pizzeria, Crepe A Diem, The Cupcake Collection, Deg Thai, Delta Bound, Doughworks, Hip Sweet Subs, Hoss’ Loaded Burgers, Itty Bitty Donuts, Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream, Jonbalaya, Julia’s Sweets Truck, King Tut, Maggie Moos, Moovers and Shakers, Music City Pie Co, Pappy’s Mobile Café, Pita Pit, Retro Sno, Riffs Fine Street Food, Rolling Smoke, Smoke Et Al, Smokin’ Thighs, Smoothie King, The Grilled Cheeserie, The Mobile Chef, The Rolling Feast, The Waffle Boss, Tiger Meat, Two Guys in a Lunchbox, and Yayo’s OMG.
The Nashville Food Truck Association (NFTA) is a collaborative group of food truck owners dedicated to innovation in hospitality, high quality food, and community development within the street food culture. Established in 2011, the NFTA is a nonprofit organization with a goal to serve as a resource of food truck vending to the public, local government, and community organizations. We aim to promote community-oriented vending behavior to ensure food trucks are operating as good citizens, and to advocate on behalf of food trucks with local and state government for fair laws that reflect the changing realities of street vending.