PAIRINGS AUCTION CATALOG AND SATURDAY DINNER MENU REVEALED
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (February 16, 2017) – Nashville Wine Auction is excited to reveal the auction catalog and Saturday night menu for Pairings: Nashville’s Ultimate Wine and Food Weekend, which will be held from February 23-25, 2017.
“The Silent and Live Auctions are our biggest opportunity to raise funds for our cancer fighting beneficiaries,” said Holly Whaley, President/CEO of Nashville Wine Auction. “We are thrilled to offer guests the opportunity to bid on fantastic wines, one-of-a-kind dinners and tastings, exceptional trips and luxury items. At the Nashville Wine Auction, everyone walks away a winner: donors, bidders, suppliers and our beneficiaries! We would also like to thank all of our auction donors for their support of our mission.”
The Silent Auction will open to all registered attendees of Pairings on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 at noon. More than 135 Silent Auction items are available for purchase and will be on display during Wined Up! on Friday, February 24, 2017 at City Winery.
33 Live Auction will be up for bid on Saturday, February 25, 2017 at City Winery: 16 wine lots, 9 trips and 8 dinners/tastings.
Highlights of the Auction include:
- Experiencing Insignia, 12-Year Vertical of Joseph Phelps Insignia: Start with Piper-Heidsieck, then taste 2002-2013 Insignia paired dinner from Chef Burke Conley of G Catering at the home of Bill & Sharon Piper. Buy-A-Spot for June 2, 2017.
- Cinema Paradiso at Nicky’s Coal Fired: Italian movie-themed party featuring cuisine from local chefs Tony Galzin, Matt Bolus, James Peisker, Chris Carter and Leigh Omilinsky with wine from Nashville Wine Auction cellar. Set-price Signup for May 19, 2017.
- Ringside Seats for the Heavyweight Pinot Noir Bout: Taste 16 different Pinot Noirs from Burgundy, Oregon, Sonoma and more! Wines from the cellar of Pam & Steve Taylor paired with delicious lunch at Union Common. Set-price Signup for April 8, 2017
- A Tasteful Tour of Italy’s Top Wines: Each course highlights Italy’s top wine regions paired with the food of James Beard Award Winning Chef, Tandy Wilson. Buy-A-Spot.
- The Judgement of Nashville – Comparative Tasting of Californian and French Wines: At Marsh House in the new Thompson Hotel, this dinner pits the best of France up against top California contenders. Compare Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon. Buy-A-Spot.
- Celebrate a Lifetime of Special Occasions, Sparkling Cocktail Party: Toast with vintage Champagnes in the penthouse of Nashville’s new luxury high-rise, 1212 condominiums with delicious bites from Fin & Pearl.
- A Safe Bet, Napa Trip for Eight: Enjoy four nights at the Gamble Family Guest House and experience Casa Piena, Harumph, Hunnicutt and Phifer Pavitt. Four couples, lots of fun!
- Seriously Sensational Sonoma, a Trip for Four Couples: Your home base for four nights is a luxurious vacation home in Sonoma and you’ll visit Kistler, William Selyem, Banshee, Sojourn, Kokomo, Gundlach Bundschu, Bartholomew Park, Dutton-Goldfield and more!
- Challenge Accepted, Conquering Paso Robles: Stay in Avila Beach for four nights while visiting Sinor La Vallee, Desparada, Giornata, Field Recording, Linne Calodo, Villa Creek Cellars, Pasolivio Olive Oil Vineyards and more!
- Plus, bid high on the following wines: Hourglass, Colgin, Château Ducru-Beaucaillou, Domaine Hubert Lignier Morey-Saint-Denis, Gaja, Testarossa Vineyards, Ken Wright Cellars, Banshee, Château La Lagune, Heitz Cellars, Taylor Fladgate, Piper-Heidsieck, Merry Edwards, Priest Ranch, Ramey Wine Cellars…and wines from our guest vintners!
The full Auction Catalog is available for download at www.nashvillewineauction.com/pairings.
At the Pairings Gourmet Dinner on Saturday, February 25, 2017, Nashville chefs will team up with Chicago chefs to create a six course menu that pairs perfectly with special wines from outstanding California vintners. The full menu for the night is below:
Reception Pairing – Chef Garrett Pittler of City Winery (Nashville) with Zonin Prosecco
Lobster Thermidor, Cape Cod House-Made Potato Chips
Beef Tartare, Petite Sirah Gastrique, Emulsifed Quail Egg, Baguette
First Pairing – Chef Matt Farley of Fin & Pearl (Nashville) with Phifer Pavitt
Grilled Octopus, Buttermilk White Bean Puree, Celery Olive Tapenade Salad
Phifer Pavitt Date Night Sauvignon Blanc 2015
Second Pairing – Chef Charles Welch of Honey’s (Chicago) with Crocker & Starr
Coffee Cured Rabbit Rillette, Foie Gras Mousse, Blueberry-Black Pepper Compote, Candied Pecans, Tarragon, Brioche
Crocker & Starr Cabernet Franc 2014
Third Pairing – Chef Greg Biggers of Café des Architectes (Chicago) with Cardinale
Pacific Seabass, Smoked Sunchoke, Lardo, Baby Brussels Sprouts
Fourth Pairing – Chef Erick Williams of mk The Restaurant (Chicago) with D.R. Stephens Estate
Pekin Duck Confit, Celery Root Puree, Heirloom Carrots, Cocoa Scented Duck Jus, Mint
D.R. Stephens Estate Moose Valley Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon 2013
Fifth Pairing – Chef Tony Galzin of Nicky’s Coal Fired (Nashville) with Gamble Family Vineyards
Parmigiano Mascarpone Cheesecake, Pine Nut Crumble, Rosemary Fig Compote
Gamble Family Vineyards Napa Valley Cabernet Franc 2013
To make reservations, please visit www.nashvillewineauction.com/pairings or call 615-329-1760.
ABOUT NASHVILLE WINE AUCTION: Nashville Wine Auction’s mission is to unite the wine community to fund the fight against cancer. Throughout the year, Nashville Wine Auction hosts four major events – Pairings: The Ultimate Wine and Food Weekend, l’Eté du Vin: The Country’s Longest Running Charity Wine Auction, Champagne and Chardonnay: A Sparkling Evening Just for Ladies and The Men's Event: Honoring the Life and Spirit of Billy Ray Hearn. Established in 1980, the Nashville Wine Auction has raised more than $21 million for organizations whose purpose is directly related to treatment, patient care, and eradication of cancer here in Middle Tennessee. Beneficiaries includes American Cancer Society’s Hope Lodge, PearlPoint Cancer Support, Gilda’s Club/Nashville, Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Middle Tennessee, Vanderbilt-Ingram Cancer Center and Saint Thomas Cancer Network.