12th Annual NISSAN Taste of Music City
NASHVILLE – The NISSAN Taste of Music City is gearing up for its 12th annual event taking place at Public Square Park on Saturday, June 21, 2014. Festivities are from 5 - 9 PM with live music, food and beverages from some of Nashville’s best local restaurants, distilleries and breweries.
The NISSAN Taste of Music City will once again be hosting an all inclusive event so that attendees can enjoy unlimited tastings for one price. There will be a limited number of tickets available which can be purchased in advance online at TasteOfMusicCity.com for $50 (plus tax) or at the gates for $60 (plus tax) if not sold out. Tickets are still available and include all food and beverage samples from some of Nashville’s best restaurants and beverages that call Music City home.
Springer Mountain Farms will showcase several top Nashville Chefs cooking with quality products. The chefs, listed below, will be available for appearances and cooking segments:
· Jamie Watson graduated from the prestigious French Culinary Institute in New York City and brings his self titled “Southern classique” to his restaurant, Café Fundamental, combining his love of Southern dining and his classical French training.
· Edgar Pendley, a Nashville native, grew up running around the kitchens where his father worked; including Sunset Grill and Bound’ry, and now produces some of Nashville’s best seafood, freshly shucked oysters, and cured meats at Urban Grub as their Executive Chef.
· Alain Treville was born and raised in Bergerac in the Périgord region of France and has brought his expertise of authentic French cuisine to Nashville with his restaurant, Chateau West, which features only the freshest ingredients prepared daily from the Chèvre Croustillant to the Foie Gras terrine.
· Trey Cioccia, of Mount Juliet, TN, brings his background in and love of organic farming to his restaurant, The Farm House, which he opened using his past experience as a chef in the Hermitage Hotel’s Capitol Grille, Executive Chef at Cantina Laredo, and his dual degree in culinary arts and hotel/restaurant management. With the opening of The Farm House last October, he outsources 21 farms containing Tennessee’s freshest products and a few more from surrounding provinces to give his diners a truly Tennessee farm to table experience.
· Mike Kelly took over the family business nearly 25 years ago as the owner of Jimmy Kelly’s, a Nashville steakhouse staple, and uses his lifetime in the restaurant business and seasoned knowledge of grilled steaks to keep people coming back to this restored Victorian mansion in midtown.
Participating restaurants/food vendors:
Swanky’s Taco Shop
Blue Coast Burrito
Gus’s Fried Chicken
The Bull & Thistle Pub
The Farm House
Black Eyed Pea
Luigi’s City Pizza
Papa Vince Virgin Olive Oil
JB’s Pour house
Monchita’s Homemade Cobbler
Dan’s Gourmet Mac & Cheese
Piranha’s Bar and Grill|
Mrs. Grissom’s Salads Inc.
Commerce Street Grill
The Peach Truck
Glenn's Gourmet Goodies
Nothing Bundt Cakes
Taste of Italy
The following beverages will also be on site:
American Born Moonshine
Pennington’s Strawberry Rye
Blue Pants Brewery
Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire
Old Hickory Whiskey
Little Harpeth Brewing
Jose Cuervo Cinge|
Hap & Harry’s
Alltech Lexington Brewing
Country Club Vodka
Red Eye Bloody Mary
Alex Christie, acoustic singer songwriter, will be kicking off the event at 5 PM. Following at 7 PM, San Rafael Band will take the stage with some Jazz / Latin Fusion and Rock. When NISSAN Taste of Music City wraps at 9PM, guests are invited to the Silver Dollar Saloon for the Official After Party, sponsored by Bacardi.
Once again, the NISSAN Taste of Music City is proud to raise funds and awareness for The District, a private 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to economic and community revitalization of three historic districts and their contiguous areas in downtown Nashville. The District’s programs seek to foster and stimulate growth of a district identity, community spirit, civic pride and unity while promoting the people in the area and to further retain downtown Nashville’s historic character.
More information regarding the event, tickets, and more can be found at TasteOfMusicCity.com or on Facebook at Facebook.com/TasteOfMusicCity.
NISSAN Taste of Music City is sponsored by NISSAN, Springer Mountain Farms, US Foods, Electrolux, Mafiaoza’s, Classic Party Rentals, DO615, The Big 98 WSIX, Xfintiy, NewsRadio 1510 WLAC, Nashville Lifestyles, Fox17, CW58, and My30.