2015 Nashville Rib & Jazz Festival
July 25th, 2015 11:00 to 10:00pm Cumberland Park Nashville TN To purchase tickets Go To: www.musicfestival.city
The Chocolate Jazz Foundation proudly brings to Nashville it’s first “Nashville Rib & Jazz Festival, July 25th, 2015 at Cumberland Park in Nashville. Admission is $35 for a full day of hot smokin’ ribs and cool smooth jazz music.
cheduled artists includes Nashville’s own Tom Hemby, Denny Jiosa, Annie Sellick. Michael Whitaker and the Bottom 40, Otis Cochran, Jonathan Fritzen, David Wells, and Lebron Dennis aka “Lebron” from Arizona. To sample the artist’s music & video’s Go To: www.musicfestival.city
Chocolate Jazz Foundation is a non-profit organization and was created to assist in keeping music alive in the community and our local school music departments by conducting fundraisers and festivals. Chocolate Jazz Foundation fundraising program encourages an appreciation of all cultures through entertainment, cuisine, education and artistic expression. In many areas, our public schools are facing federal and state budget cuts which directly impact music and art departments. Below are statistics that enforce our belief in Chocolate Jazz Foundation work:
• Schools with music programs have graduation rates of 90.2% compared with a 72.0% rate for schools without music education.
• Schools with music programs have attendance rates of 93.3%, compared with 84.9% for those that do not.
• In 2006, SAT takers with course work or experience in music performance scored 57 points higher on the verbal portion of the college entrance exam, 43 points higher on the math portion than did students with no such experience in the arts.
• In November 2007, 86% of college graduates had some music education when they were in school, compared to 65% for those who had not completed or completed only high school.
• Eighty three percent of people earning $150,000 or more had music education.
Source: Harris Interactive Poll, 2006-2007
Chocolate Jazz Foundation’s goal is to support the realization that music education plays a major role in our children’s developmental years. We know that music education increases our students reading and math skills, enhances coordination and provides a discipline that is crucial in our successes beyond our developmental years as we pursue our adult careers. Music students also enjoy a higher success rate in life.
Tickets are available for purchase at www.musicfestival.city and are available at the low price of $35 which will give you admission for all day. The net proceeds from this festival will go towards the growth of Chocolate Jazz Foundation and to help keep music alive in the Nashville area.
Gates open at 10:30 am and music will be starting around noon and will last up to 10 pm. Food and music lovers will not be dissapointed so Chocolate Jazz Foundation invites you to lots of great food combined with lots of smooth jazz music by top of the chart smooth jazz artists.