Nashville Symphony Community Concerts to light up area parks
Free musical entertainment for the family at seven summer concerts
NASHVILLE, TN. (April 29, 2013) As part of its mission to bring music to everyone in Middle Tennessee, the Nashville Symphony announces its Community Concerts series for 2013. Enjoy the lazy days and warm summer nights of June, bring your favorite lawn chair, pack a picnic dinner and immerse yourself in an evening of popular classics and favorite movie themes. These Community Concerts are free and open to the public. Summer concerts in the park are an annual tradition and provide the perfect opportunity to enjoy the stunning sound of the Symphony in a casual and relaxed atmosphere.
Led by Associate Conductor Kelly Corcoran, the Nashville Symphony will perform music from Star Wars, Sleeping Beauty, Harry Potter and West Side Story, along with classics by Copland, Prokofiev and other crowd favorites at these locations:
• 8 p.m. Thursday, June 6, at East Park
• 8 p.m. Friday, June 7, at Bicentennial Mall
• 7 p.m. Sunday, June 9, at Crockett Park, Brentwood
• 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 11, at Cumberland University, Lebanon
• 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 12, at Key Park, Lafayette
• 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 18, at Centennial Park
• 7 p.m. Saturday, June 29, in Glasgow, Ky.
• Funding provided by Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County, Publix Super Markets Charities, Cracker Barrel Foundation and City of Brentwood.