Jack Daniel’s Bash on Broadway: New Year’s Eve in Music City Event Schedule; Parking and Transportation; Guidelines and Security Procedures; Partners
NASHVILLE – To ensure the enjoyment and safety of attendees at the Jack Daniel’s Bash on Broadway: New Year’s Eve in Music City (#NashvilleNYE), please note the following information, which includes an event schedule, parking/transportation and guidelines regarding house rules. The event site will include two stages: Jack Daniel’s Stage at First and Broadway and the Music City Stage on Broadway in between Fifth Avenue and Sixth Avenue. An event map is available.
The event will be livestreamed on www.VisitMusicCity.com.
(Artists and times subject to change)
Nashville offers several days of entertainment offerings leading up to New Year’s Eve.
Saturday, Dec. 26
7 p.m.: Nashville Predators v. Detroit Red Wings at Bridgestone Arena
Sunday, Dec. 27
Noon: Tennessee Titans v. Houston Texans at Nissan Stadium
Monday, Dec. 28
7 p.m.: Nashville Predators v. New York Rangers at Bridgestone Arena
Tuesday, Dec. 29
4 p.m.: Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl Hot Chicken Eating World Championships (Jack Daniel’s Stage) 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.: Battle of the Bands with the Texas A&M and University of Louisville marching bands in concert, followed by a MusicFest Concert featuring Sixwire and another act on the Jack Daniel’s Stage
Wednesday, Dec. 30, 2015
2:30 p.m.: Texas A&M Pep Rally and Louisville Pep Rally with bands on Broadway at the Jack Daniel’s Stage 4 p.m.: Pre-Game Concert featuring Jason Eskridge on the Jack Daniel’s Stage 6 p.m.: Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl kick-off at Nissan Stadium
Thursday, Dec. 31
Noon: Event site opens, including food and beverage vendors and sponsor activities
4 p.m.: Coach (DJ) on the Music City Stage
5:45 p.m.: Mayor Megan Barry, Kelsea Ballerini and mascots GNASH and T-RAC Kick Off New Year’s Eve from the Music City Stage by raising the Music Note located on the Jack Daniel’s Stage
6 p.m.: LANco on the Music City Stage
6:40 p.m.: Sugar + The Hi-Lows on the Jack Daniel’s Stage
7:25 p.m.: Kelsea Ballerini on the Jack Daniel’s Stage
8:10 p.m.: Wild Cub on the Music City Stage
9 p.m.: Chris Stapleton on the Jack Daniel’s Stage
10 p.m.: The Whigs on the Music City Stage
10:55 p.m.: Kings Of Leon on the Jack Daniel’s Stage
Midnight: Music Note Drops with confetti and fireworks; Kings Of Leon continue until 12:30 a.m.
Parking and Transportation
Attendees will have a variety of safe, affordable transportation options. The Tennessee Governor’s Highway Safety Office reminds everyone to drive safely this New Year’s Eve. For those who will be drinking, please plan ahead to have a sober ride home. Law enforcement partners will be out in full force during the Booze It and Lose It campaign to keep impaired drivers off the roadways.
Vehicle parking for $10 will be available at Nissan Stadium in Lots A, B, C and D and at the Music City Center.
To locate other available parking downtown, visit www.parkitdowntown.com.
Taxis can drop off and pick up attendees at Seventh Avenue South on Broadway.
Uber is the event’s exclusive ride-share promotional partner. Uber will have a dedicated and exclusive area for pick-up and drop-off from noon to 2 a.m. on Korean Veterans Boulevard between Fifth Avenue and Sixth Avenue. Uber is offering first time riders a discount of $10 off their first ride with promotion code: NYE2015.
The Davidson County Sheriff’s Office will offer Sober Ride service to anyone needing a free ride home. They should go to the Sober Ride tent located at Second Avenue and Church from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
MTA Buses: The Nashville MTA in partnership with Miller Lite will offer free rides beginning at 9 p.m. and extended service on select routes until 2:30 a.m. Route information is available at nashvillemta.org.
Music City Star: Miller Lite is sponsoring the RTA’s New Year’s Eve service on Thursday, Dec. 31 and offered free tickets to 650 people. Tickets have sold out.
A complete list of road closures is available from Metro Public Works and Metro Police.
Guidelines and Security Procedures
This year’s event is anticipated to be the largest New Year’s Eve celebration in Nashville. The NCVC is planning for 150,000 attendees, surpassing the 130,000 who attended last year. More first responders will be on site than in past years. Event goers should be aware of the following guidelines that will be strictly enforced by event personnel.
All personal items are subject to searches.
· Personal cameras
· Handheld, personal-sized umbrellas (up to 36 inches)
· Small bags and backpacks
· No chairs of any types
· No coolers
· No outside alcoholic beverages (only alcoholic beverages purchased from a designated official event vendor are permitted)
· No illegal drugs
· No fireworks
· No guns, knives, other weapons or dangerous devices of any kind
· No laser pointers
· No pets (service animals are permitted)
· No pop-up tents
· No beach or pole-style umbrellas
· No wagons or pull-carts
· No drones or other remote-controlled aerial devices
· No audio recorders, video or professional cameras
· No unauthorized vending, sales, sampling or solicitation (event-credentialed vendors permitted)
· No unauthorized personal transport devices, including bicycles, rollerblades, skateboards, Segways, golf carts, mopeds, etc. (event-credentialed golf carts and other transport devices permitted)
· No pedicabs or pedal taverns
· No unauthorized amplification devices that would disrupt event production, including handheld megaphones
· No performances or demonstrations of any type unless authorized by event
#NashvilleNYE & @VisitMusicCity
The official hashtag for the 2015 Jack Daniel’s Bash on Broadway: New Year’s Eve in Music City is #NashvilleNYE. Please use this hashtag in all social media posts about the event and follow along to join the conversation!
Follow us on social media for event updates, information, and answers to your #NashvilleNYE questions:
Twitter: @VisitMusicCity – http://twitter.com/visitmusiccity
Instagram: @VisitMusicCity – http://instagram.com/visitmusiccity
Facebook: Visit Music City – http://facebook/nashvillemusiccity
The Bands on Social Media
The #NashvilleNYE bands can be found on Twitter at:
@KingsOfLeon; @ChrisStapleton; @KelseaBallerini; @TheWhigs; @wildcub; @sugar_thehilows; @LancoMusic
#NashvilleHolidays Music Note Campaign
In the weeks leading up to New Year’s Eve, photos of the NCVC’s signature red music note in front of seasonal Nashville scenes will be posted to the @VisitMusicCity Instagram account with hashtags #NashvilleHolidays and #NashvilleNYE. By guessing where each photo was taken, Instagram followers will be entered to win Special Viewing Access at the Bash on Broadway.
Social Media Street Teams
Teams will be roaming the event site, interacting with guests and offering fun #NashvilleNYE props for exciting photo opportunities to be shared via @VisitMusicCity accounts and throughout the visitors’ own social media channels.
The Advance Financial Picture Frame will be located at Walk of Fame Park on Fifth Avenue. Take your photo in the frame and post on social media with the #NashvilleNYE tag and @VisitMusicCity!
Toast, Post, and Boast!
Each year we take a second during the show and do a thing called Toast, Boast, and Post. This is a moment when everyone takes out their phones, holds them up (toast), takes a picture of all the fun we’re having, and then posts that picture on social media (post) with #NashvilleNYE for all to see (boast!).
Partners and Vendors
Jack Daniel’s Bash on Broadway: New Year’s Eve in Music City is produced by the NCVC for the city of Nashville and presented by Jack Daniel’s. Partners include Advance Financial, Anderson Benson Insurance, Carl Black Chevrolet, Tennessee Governor’s Highway Safety Office: Booze It & Lose It, Ferguson Bath & Kitchen Gallery, Grand Avenue, McDonald’s, Durango Boot, Korbel, Budweiser, Bud Light, Fetzer and Uber.
· Jack Daniel’s Experience (JDX): Participants can experience the nation’s oldest registered distillery at this mobile museum that brings to life Lynchburg’s much-loved distillery. Free tour; 21+. Merchandise and bar available at the JD Music Trailer. Dec. 29 to 31 in the Joe’s Crab Shack parking lot.
· McDonald’s: Free samples of McCafé ® Hot Chocolate and Hot Mocha starting at noon on Dec. 31.
· Carl Black Chevrolet: Register to win a 2016 Spark.
· Southwest: Join Southwest at the Southwest Porch, where you can sit back, relax and enjoy some peanuts and pretzels. They will also have a special photo opportunity and give away beanies to the first 5,000 visitors. You can also register for a chance to win two roundtrip tickets for your next Southwest flight.
· The Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp will host a merchandise trailer located between Third and Fourth Avenue that will sell official merchandise, including t-shirts, koozies and assortment of Nashville-themed apparel. An information booth will be located nearby. Both the merchandise trailer and information booth will be open from noon to 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 30 and from noon to 9 p.m. on Thursday, Dec. 31.
The Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp
The mission of the Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp is to maximize the economic contribution of the convention and tourism industry to the community by developing and marketing Nashville as a premier destination. Visit the NCVC’s website www.visitmusiccity.com, tune in to our internet radio station at www.highway65radio.com, and follow us on social media: