Make Nashville Your July 4th Long Weekend Getaway
Weekend Festivities include free concerts, fireworks, Opry shows, art crawls and more
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – If there's one thing Nashville knows how to do, it's throw a party. With so much going on during July 4th week, why limit your celebration to just one day? Amp up your week in Nashville starting on June 30 with AmericanaramA Festival of Music feat. Bob Dylan and His Band, WILCO, My Morning Jacket and more, take in a summer night baseball game at Greer Stadium, explore breath-taking exhibits at Cheekwood and Frist Center for the Visual Arts, catch a star-studded Opry show, and much more.
This year’s July 4th celebration, “Let Freedom Sing,” won’t disappoint with two days of free live music and incredible fireworks at The Lawn at Riverfront Park July 4th and 5th. The musical lineup includes local rising duo Striking Matches, Nashville’s own singer/songwriter Joey DeGraw, GRAMMY®-winning blues musician Keb’Mo’, and headliner Republic Nashville’s Platinum-selling family trio, The Band Perry. The Grammy®-winning Nashville Symphony Orchestra will choreograph live music with the fireworks show, which is promised to be the largest and longest show in the city’s history.
Culminating with an additional fireworks show, July 5th will continue the celebration with performances by Nashville-based singer/songwriter group Ten Out of Tenn, and L.A. actor Chris Mulkey and his band Deluxe and more at The Lawn at Riverfront Park.
The Grand Ole Opry is adding to the star-spangled Nashville Independence Day action with several days of shows and events surrounding the 4th. The Opry’s All-American All-Star Week runs July 2 – 6. Opry appearances are set to feature a line-up of country greats each night including Alison Krauss celebrating her 20th Opry anniversary July 3; Carrie Underwood, The Band Perry, July 5; and Carrie Underwood, July 6. Other Opry activities on select nights during the week will include Opry Plaza Parties featuring food, games, and free music outside the Opry House.
Celebrate all week:
• Cheekwood’s Light’s Exhibit – May 24-Nov 20
• Frist Center: Sensuous Steel: Art Deco Automobiles – June 14-Sept 15
• AmericanaramA Festival of Music feat. Bob Dylan, Wilco and My Morning Jacket at The Lawn at Riverfront Park - Sunday, June 30
• Nashville Sounds vs Round Rock Express at Greer Stadium – July 1, 2 and 3
• Alison Krauss’s 20th Opry anniversary with special guests at Grand Ole Opry – July 3
• Nashville Dancin’ presented by Dollar General will feature a free concert at Riverfront Park beginning at 1:45 p.m. – July 4
• Music City Hot Chicken Festival at East Park – July 4
• July 4th Let Freedom Sing! at The Lawn at Riverfront Park – July 4-6
• Carrie Underwood and The Band Perry at Grand Ole Opry – July 5
• Carrie Underwood at Grand Ole Opry – July 6
• First Saturday Art Crawl throughout Fifth Avenue of the Arts downtown – July 6
Please visit www.visitmusiccity.com/july4th for more information.
Summer packages are now available online. Hotel and attraction packages are also available by calling the Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp at (800) 657-6910 or online at www.visitmusiccity.com.