Hot Time, Summer in Music City
An endless array of music, food, arts, family and outdoor activities fill Nashville’s playlist this summer
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Nashville is ready for a hot time this summer and is putting together a soundtrack of everyone’s summer favorites for Music City visitors. Live music, unique festivals and events, culinary excursions, family fun and new exhibits all combined with summer sunshine and the great outdoors makes Nashville the perfect place to plan your summer getaway.
Two new exhibits bringing the heat to Nashville this summer are Cheekwood’s Light, an exhibition of 10 breathtaking outdoor and indoor lighting installations that will light up Nashville’s nights starting May 24th, and the Frist Center’s Sensuous Steel, an exhibition of 21 luxurious automobiles and motorcycles from the 1930s and 40s revving up beginning on June 14th.
Nashville is best known for its great live music, and this summer’s lineup lives up to its Music City reputation. There’s country music’s biggest party, CMA Fest, a rocking July 4th celebration with the Band Perry and the South’s largest fireworks show, stellar concerts and a myriad of free music festivals. The return of the popular Nashville Dancin’ offers free music downtown every Thursday night and Musicians Corner offers free music in Centennial Park every Saturday through June.
Eat It Up
Both local and national chefs will take center stage this summer as food and drink festivals are spread throughout the summer calendar including Taste of Music City, Zac Brown’s Southern Ground Music & Food Festival, Music City BBQ Festival, Music City Eats and more. Get all that and more here: http://www.visitmusiccity.com/visitors/summerinthecity_foodevents
Also be sure to check out the summer dining essentials including best restaurant patios, best brunch spots, favorites for cool treats and more here: http://www.visitmusiccity.com/visitors/summerinthecity_dining
Nashville’s Gone to the Kids
Of course, summer is all about fun for the family, and Nashville has plenty of that. From waterslides at Nashville Shores and the new Kangaroo Kickabout exhibit at the Nashville Zoo to a night out at a Nashville Sounds baseball game, family friendly attractions, festivals, restaurants and outdoor activities will have your family singing a happy tune.
Festivals and Events
With more unique festivals and Music City events than you can count, here is a highlight of Nashville’s hot summer calendar.
Music Festivals and Events
• Bluegrass Nights at The Ryman - Thursday evenings, June – July
• Music City Roots - Wednesday nights
• Musician’s Corner – Saturdays, May 4-June 29
• Nashville Dancin’ – Thursdays, June 3-August 1
• CMT Music Awards - June 5
• CMA Music Festival - June 6-9
• July 4th Let Freedom Sing! - July 4-6
• Live on the Green – Thursdays, August 8-September 12
• Americana Music Awards and Festival - September 18-22
Food & Drink Festivals
• Taste of Music City - June 22, 2013
• Music City Hot Chicken Festival - July 4, 2013
• Music City Brewer’s Festival - July 27, 2013
• Music City BBQ Festival - August 23-24, 2013
• Wine on the River - September 14 – 3-7 p.m.
• Music City Eats: Nashville Food, Wine & Spirits Festival - September 21-22, 2013
• Southern Ground Music & Food Festival - September 27-28, 2013
• First Saturday Art Crawl- the First Saturday of the month along 5th Avenue of the Arts
• Cheekwood’s Light exhibit – May 24-November 10, 2013
• Sensuous Steel: Art Deco Automobiles exhibit at Frist Center for the Visual Arts - June 14-September 15, 2013
• Opera on the Mountain – June 15, 2013
• Nashville International Puppet Festival – June 21-23, 2013
• Tomato Arts Festival - August 10, 2013
• Shakespeare in the Park - August 15-September 15, 2013 on Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sun evenings
For more information about what’s happening in Music City this summer, go to http://www.visitmusiccity.com/visitors/summerinthecity.
The mission of the Nashville Convention & Visitors Bureau is to maximize the economic contribution of the convention and tourism industry to the community by developing and marketing Nashville as a premier destination. www.visitmusiccity.com