BLAKE SHELTON EXHIBIT TO FEATURE CHAIR FROM NBC’S THE VOICE AT COUNTRY MUSIC HALL OF FAME® AND MUSEUM
Exclusive Video from Shelton about His Exhibit
NASHVILLE, Tenn., May 26, 2016 –The Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum will feature the award-winning, country music megastar Blake Shelton in an exhibit opening tomorrow, May 27, 2016. Blake Shelton: Based on a True Story, supported by SunTrust, will feature Shelton’s red-cushioned chair from NBC’s The Voice, among other artifacts.
In this exclusive video, Shelton talks about one other piece of memorabilia that will be featured in the exhibit, and why it has special meaning.
This career-spanning exhibition will chronicle the Oklahoma native’s rise to fame using special memorabilia from his life and career. It will follow his childhood and his move to Nashville as a teen, to his multi-platinum recording breakthrough, to becoming a national celebrity on NBC’s The Voice. A range of artifacts will tell the story of the struggles and triumphs of one of country music’s most popular and multi-dimensional artists.
A few highlights of the exhibition include:
- Very early Blake Shelton merchandise sold by Blake and his family at his 1994 concert in his hometown, Ada, Oklahoma
- A memo pad with the lyrics to the first song Shelton wrote.
- Shelton’s first royalty check, in the amount of $2.73
- Plaid shirt worn by Blake when he moved to Nashville
- Aria acoustic guitar used by Shelton on his first radio tour, to promote his 2001 single “Austin”
- Elf costume worn by Shelton on NBC-TV’s Blake Shelton’s Not So Family Christmas special in 2012
- Shelton’s 2011 CMA Male Vocalist of the Year award
- Shelton’s 2011 ACM Male Vocalist of the Year
- 2016 Kids’ Choice Awards slime suit worn by Shelton
In support of the exhibition, the museum will live stream an interview and performance with Shelton on Monday, June 6, at 3:00 p.m. Hosted by museum editor Michael McCall, Shelton will discuss his career and perform a short acoustic set. The museum will also live stream remarks from Shelton at his private exhibit opening celebration on June 6 at 6:00 p.m. Tune into both programs at www.countrymusichalloffame.org/streaming.
For more information about Shelton’s exhibit, visit www.countrymusichalloffame.org.