GREAT AMERICAN COUNTRY TO BROADCAST EXCLUSIVE RED CARPET PRE-SHOW FOR "THE 47TH ANNUAL CMA AWARDS"
‘CMA Video Preview’ and Specials by Reigning CMA Winners Lead Up to Network’s ‘CMA Red Carpet Live’ Special
NASHVILLE, TENN. (October 22, 2013) – The annual CMA Awards is “Country Music’s Biggest Night™,” and Great American Country will broadcast the excitement, glitz and glam of the night with the exclusive red carpet pre-show, carried live nationally. CMA Awards Red Carpet Live premieres Wednesday, November 6, 7:00 p.m./ET on the network. Great American Country personalities Suzanne Alexander, Nan Kelley and Storme Warren will be in the center of all of the red carpet excitement, chatting with country’s biggest stars about their nominations, performances, pre-show rituals and favorite CMA Awards moments, plus highlighting the night’s fashions and more.
“With events like CMA Awards Red Carpet Live, we are able to give viewers unique access,” offered Sarah Trahern, senior vice president and general manager of Great American Country. “This show takes the audience right into the action with all the stars. To provide the exclusive CMA Awards pre-show is a tremendous opportunity for the network to bring fans of music and pop culture something special and to expose them to the larger Great American Country brand.”
As part of the fan engagement, Great American Country will unite viewers coast-to-coast with exclusive online coverage, commentary and dialogue via social media. Viewers can join the CMA Awards Red Carpet Live festivities on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram using the official event hashtag #CMARedCarpet.
Leading up to Great American Country’s exclusive broadcast of CMA Awards Red Carpet Live, and throughout CMA Awards week is a whole slate of programming, featuring reigning 2012 CMA Awards winners, plus previews of the 2013 show, including:
• CMA Video Preview: Jason Aldean hosts this two-hour preview special featuring music videos of 2013 CMA Awards nominees including top nominees Taylor Swift and Kacey Musgraves, plus Swift’s fellow Entertainer of the Year contenders Aldean, Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton, George Strait and many more.
Airs: Wednesday, Oct. 23 (10 p.m./ET); Sunday, Oct. 27 (6 p.m./ET); Wednesday, Oct. 30 (10 a.m./ET); Saturday, Nov. 2 (3 p.m./ET); Sunday, Nov. 3 (6 p.m./ET); Monday, Nov. 4 (10 p.m./ET); and Wednesday, Nov. 6 (10 a.m. and 4 p.m./ET).
• CMA Music Festival: Country’s Night To Rock: Go backstage and onstage at Nashville’s 2013 CMA Music Festival. Little Big Town hosts with nearly 30 performers including The Band Perry, Luke Bryan, Hunter Hayes, Lady Antebellum, Miranda Lambert, Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood and more.
Airs: Saturday, Nov. 2 (8:00 p.m./ET), Sunday, Nov. 3 (2:00 p.m./ET)
• The Collection: Taylor Swift: Two-time CMA Awards Entertainer of the Year and 2013 nominee Taylor Swift hosts an hour of her own music videos.
Airs: Sunday, Nov. 3 (10:00 p.m./ET)
• The Hits: Carrie Underwood: CMA Awards co-host Carrie Underwood reveals some of her favorite music videos by other artists and shares some little-known facts about her own videos.
Airs: Monday, Nov. 4 (8:00 p.m./ET)
• Brad Paisley Spins the Wheelhouse: Live in Vegas: CMA Awards co-host Brad Paisley performs hits from his Wheelhouse album, and takes cameras inside the home where he crafted the album, and jams with special guests Dierks Bentley, John Fogerty and Carrie Underwood.
Airs: Tuesday, Nov. 5 (8:00 p.m./ET)
• Backstory: Blake Shelton: Reigning CMA Entertainer of the Year Blake Shelton talks about his life and remarkable career trajectory. Also appearing to share Shelton tales are Trace Adkins, The Voice co-star Adam Levine and show creator Mark Burnett, Shelton’s mother and sister, and his wife, Miranda Lambert.
Airs: Tuesday, Nov. 5 (9:30 p.m./ET)
• Backstory: Miranda Lambert: Three-time and reigning CMA Female Vocalist of the Year Miranda Lambert’s life is chronicled from her small-town upbringing, through the Texas club circuit, to her rise to superstardom. Lambert’s parents, husband Blake Shelton, and collaborators including Dierks Bentley and her Pistol Annies bandmates Ashley Monroe and Angaleena Presley are featured.
Airs: Tuesday, Nov. 5 (11:00 p.m./ET)
• Top 20 Country Countdown: The biggest countdown in country music spotlights the excitement, emotional moments and CMA Awards revelry while counting down the week’s biggest music videos, as determined by fan voting. Airs: Friday, Nov. 8 (8:00 p.m./ET), Saturday, Nov. 9 (11:00 a.m./ET and 6:00 p.m./ET), and Sunday, Nov. 10 (12:00 p.m./ET)
• Headline Country: Host Storme Warren recaps the 2013 CMA Awards in this special edition of country music’s premier entertainment news show. Airs: Saturday, Nov. 9 (10:30 a.m./ET), and Sunday, Nov. 9 (2:00 p.m./ET and 11:00 p.m./ET).
Bookending the week is Great American Country’s regular Superstar Saturday Night, Saturday, Nov. 9, with three back-to-back music specials:
• Luke Bryan Farm Tour: Bryan plays a sold-out show in Athens, Ga., plus he visits the a Georgia theater where he got his start and discusses plans for his first headlining tour.
Airs: Saturday, Nov. 9 (9:00 p.m./ET)
• Zac Brown Band: Uncaged in Vegas: Their high-energy live show is captured from Las Vegas’ Mandalay Bay. Plus the band discusses future music plans.
Airs: Saturday, Nov. 9 (10:00 p.m./ET)
• Origins: Eric Church: Church discusses career highs and lows and his determination to remain true to himself as a songwriter and artist, traveling from his hometown of Hickory, N.C., to Nashville.
Airs: Saturday, Nov. 9 (11:00 p.m./ET)
“Partnering with Great American Country to bring viewers exclusive CMA Awards red carpet coverage is a win for CMA and for country music fans,” said Ed Hardy, president of the CMA Board of Directors. “As a promotional partner, Great American Country has assembled a schedule that really celebrates the format and provides unique access to our consumers.”