One week until ‘Doctor Who’ fans unite during Wibbly Wobbly Nights at Adventure Science Center
The science of Doctor Who returns Jan. 28 & 29
NASHVILLE, Jan. 21, 2016—Dust off that bowtie, hop in a TARDIS, grab your favorite Doctor Who fan and make plans to explore the science behind the popular sci-fi series during Wibbly Wobbly Nights Jan. 28 and 29 at Adventure Science Center!
Tickets and information available at www.adventuresci.org/wibblywobbly.
From Cybermen to Weeping Angels to Sontarans, the Doctor Who phenomenon continues to take the world by storm. But how does science factor into the long-running TV show? Time travel, sonic screwdrivers, regeneration – is any of it real, or close to being real? Visitors will find out at their choice of multiple events during Wibbly Wobbly Nights:
Thursday, Jan. 28: Wibbly Wobbly Way Late Play Date (21+), 6:30 – 10 p.m.
Take a journey through the Who-niverse while enjoying some adult-only time at Adventure Science Center! Must be 21 or older. Tickets are $25 for members and $35 for non-members. Limited availability.
Friday, Jan. 29: Wibbly Wobbly Family Night (all ages), 6 – 9:30 p.m.
During both events, visitors will receive an Adventure Science Center cup and delve into the science of Doctor Who with these special activities and programs:
- You Must Be Upgraded – Did you know that one of the Doctor’s most persistent enemies, the Cybermen, were inspired by medical science? We’ll investigate technologies that mimic mind and body control, and maybe allow for a few “human upgrades” as well.
- Hunt for the Doctor – In the first episode of the Doctor Who reboot, we encounter a man named Clive who runs a website searching for the Doctor. Step into Clive’s shoes as you explore the Science Center and find all the Doctors you can!
- Regeneration Research – Discover how the Doctor’s regenerative abilities aren’t so far-fetched for some creatures, including reptiles!
- Decoding Gallifreyan – You can be a Time Lord, too! Discover how to write like a true Gallifreyan as you try to decode some messages using their circular form of writing.
- The Midnight Entity – Using a Rochester Cloak, join in on our game of optics that might explain why the only peek we got of these mysterious creatures was their shadow running across the landscape.
- Two Hearts are Better than One! – Using real sheep hearts, we can take a look at the science behind the Doctor’s two hearts in this fun mini-lab!
- And much more!
Costume Contest: Whether you’re dressed as your favorite Doctor or Companion, your favorite baddie from the series, or even as the TARDIS or Sonic Screwdriver, come enter the costume contest for the opportunity to win prizes!
Hip Hues will give visitors the chance to make their very own Wibbly Wobbly T-shirt. Additional fee applies.
Food Trucks will be on site for an additional charge.
Admission includes three beverage tickets. (Beer and wine will be served at the 21-and-older Way Late Play Date on Jan. 28; soft drinks will be available instead of alcohol at the Family Night on Jan. 29.)
Whovians are urged to “exterminate all other plans” and come to Wibbly Wobbly Nights at Adventure Science Center!
Wibbly Wobbly Way Late Play Date offers special thanks to Fat Bottom Brewing, Mayday Brewery, redOrbit, GMX, Sumner Country Habitat for Humanity ReStore, and Clarksville Con.
Programs and activities subject to change.
About Adventure Science Center For 70 years, Adventure Science Center has brought science to life for students, teachers and families in Middle Tennessee, Southern Kentucky, Northern Alabama and beyond. The Center offers hands-on, interactive exhibits and engaging programs that encourage visitors of all ages to explore how science is relevant in their lives. Adventure Science Center encourages imagination and curiosity in a fun, dynamic learning environment. It is located at 800 Fort Negley Blvd. in Nashville. For more information, call (615) 862-5160 or visit www.adventuresci.org.