Must See Independence Day Fireworks Displays Around the USA
Bethesda, MD, June 30, 2016 – The Independence Day Holiday weekend is quickly approaching and the fireworks industry will ignite over 16,000 fireworks displays nationwide to salute America on her 240th birthday. From small towns to big city extravaganzas, Americans will gather to commemorate Independence Day at community fireworks celebrations. The American Pyrotechnics Association (APA) has selected 13 unique “must see” fireworks events that will light up the skies this Independence Day that you won’t want to miss!
1. Addison, TX, Addison Kaboom Town! - July 3: Everything is bigger in Texas and that is true of the exceptional Addison Kaboom Town! fireworks display. The event draws over halfa-million spectators from across the country to witness the world class display by Pyro Shows of Texas. Some new features have been added to the display which includes the introduction of “ghost” shells which will break from one side to the other in a wave along with diamond screamers and stained glass shells. Look for an exceptional closing finale.
2. Atlanta, GA, Centennial Olympic Park Fourth of July Celebration – July 4: Centennial Olympic Park’s Independence Day celebration is a family-friendly event featuring free music and the Southeast’s largest fireworks display produced by J&M Displays, Inc. Thousands of spectators flock to Centennial Olympic Park for the annual 4th of July bash. The celebration will be broadcasted by local ABC affiliate WSB-TV.
3. Blue Ash, OH, Red, White and Blue Ash – July 4: The annual Red, White and Blue Ash fireworks display has always been a premier fireworks display in the region but now, with the incredible Summit Park as its new home, a 130 acre park in one of the region’s most beautiful settings, the sky is the limit for this fireworks extravaganza designed by Arthur Rozzi Pyrotechnics. With over 7,000 fireworks shells and 10,000 pounds of explosive power, the show is a 35 minute, non-stop pyrotechnic experience.
4. Boston, MA, Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular – July 4: Patriotism runs deep in Boston and families camp out all day on the Esplanade waiting for the Boston Pops to play the 1812 Overture. The free outdoor concert and fireworks display draws more than half-a-million spectators and is capped off by a stunning fireworks display over the Charles River produced by Fireworks By Grucci.
5. Houston, TX, US Family Health Plan Freedom Over Texas – July 4: Fireworks will ignite the sky, and country tunes will set the stage for Houston’s signature annual patriotic celebration at Eleanor Tinsley Park. Downtown Houston will be bedazzled by the artistry of Pyrotecnico who will showcase some of the best fireworks products from around the globe in this multi-firing site venue.
6. Nashville, TN, Music City’s July 4th “Let Freedom Sing” – July 4: Choreographed to music played by the Nashville Symphony Orchestra, the fireworks display produced by Pyro Shows of Tennessee has grown to epic proportions. The 30 minute fireworks display will be fired from LP Field, setting the stage for Nashville’s most spectacular fireworks show to-date, and the largest display in the South.
7. New York City, NY Macy’s 4th of July Spectacular - July 4: The granddaddy of them all, will be held on the East River. Macy’s 4th of July Spectacular draws a crowd in excess of one million and is televised on NBC. Pyro Spectaculars by Souza will showcase more than 52,000 fireworks and special effects in a high-definition, multidimensional, pyro-kinetic experience to commemorate the nation’s 240th birthday and the 40th Anniversary of Macy’s 4th of July fireworks event.
8. Philadelphia, PA, WAWA Welcome America – July 4: One of the largest free concerts in America on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, presented by Comcast NBC Universal & Pyrotecnico. The grand finale over the Philadelphia Museum of Art will take you on a journey from July 4, 1776 to where we are today. Showcasing patriotism and significant movements in history through amazing musical works and powerful quotes from US leaders. This firework spectacular will be the perfect way to end our July 4th celebration!
9. Pittsburgh, PA, EQT Flashes of Freedom Fireworks – July 4: Pittsburgh’s dramatic skyline will be illuminated by the colorful EQT Flashes of Freedom Fireworks show. Set off at the confluence of Pittsburgh’s three rivers, the dazzling display will be choreographed to a patriotic-themed soundtrack that can be heard throughout Point State Park and on KDKA 1020 AM. The fireworks display is produced by Pyrotecnico.
10. Sacramento, CA, Cal Expo, Sacramento Independence Day Festival – July 4: Cal Expo will join the City and County of Sacramento and iHeart Media to produce the largest pyrotechnics display in the region on Independence Day. J&M Displays, Inc. will paint the sky with mesmerizing fireworks and special effects beautifully choreographed and precisely synchronized to music. While the Cal Expo venue provides for great viewing from the surrounding area, the best views are from inside the grandstands.
11. San Diego, CA, Big Bay Boom – July 4: The Big Bay Boom is one of the largest displays on the West Coast, drawing more than half-a-million spectators. Spectacular viewing can be found all around the bay as fireworks are fired from barges strategically placed off Shelter Island, Harbor Island, Embarcadero North, Seaport Village, Embarcadero South Marina Park and Coronado Ferry Landing. Pyro Spectaculars by Souza has impeccably choreographed and designed this fireworks sky concert with over 10,500 fireworks and special effects. This year the display will include some new Italian style canister shells, Ghost and Eclipse shells and debut the PyroApp.
12. Tulsa, OK, Folds of Honor Freedom Fest presented by QuikTrip – July 4: The familyfriendly festival includes two locations: Veterans Park at 18th and Boulder and the newlyrenovated River West Festival Park, 2100 South Jackson. Pyro Shows of Texas, Inc. will produce a dazzling fireworks display choreographed to a custom music selection which will be staged from the 21st Street Bridge. The music will be simulcast on AM740 and FM 102.3 –News Talk KRMG. The grand finale is timed for live coverage on KTUL Tulsa’s Channel 8 newscast at 10pm. Spectators will have great views from either festival location; however, the pros recommend that the besting viewing locations include downtown Tulsa and along the east bank of the river from 21st Street north to Southwest Boulevard or the 41st and Riverside area.
13. Washington, DC, A Capitol Fourth – July 4: The skies over the Nation’s Capital will be graced with an intense fireworks presentation by Garden State Fireworks. America’s favorite Independence Day celebration boasts vivid colors and mega power. The fireworks launch along both sides of the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool creating an overwhelming barrage of fireworks in the sky over a concentrated area so spectators not only enjoy the beauty of the fireworks but also their reflection on the surrounding monuments.
About the American Pyrotechnics Association
The APA is the leading trade association of the fireworks industry. The APA supports and promotes safety standards for all aspects of fireworks. The APA has a diverse membership including regulated and licensed manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers, retailers, importers, suppliers and professional display fireworks companies. Additional information about the fireworks industry, facts & figures, state laws and safety tips can be found on APA’s website at http://www.americanpyro.com