12TH & PORTER ANNOUNCES MUSIC CITY BREAKTHROUGH CONTEST
Winner Receives Support And Promotion Via Partners Including Blackbird Studio, The Blackbird Academy, Viacom, Lightning 100, Summerfest, United Record Pressing, Among Others
Nashville, Tennessee (July 22, 2014) – Legendary Nashville venue 12th & Porter announced today the launch of the Music City Breakthrough contest as part of their ongoing commitment to music and the development of new artists. 12th & Porter and a multitude of music industry partners including Blackbird Studio, Viacom (CMT and MTV), Lightning 100 and others have joined forces to create a program uniquely designed to get artists recognized on a regional and national level and to provide music fans a new way to experience and cultivate undiscovered talent. Artists can enter the contest at 12andPorter.com.
“12th & Porter has been a staple in Nashville for decades,” says Keith Hayman, owner of 12th & Porter and Music City Pizza. “With the newly renovated space that boasts superior sound, concert lighting, state-of-the-art LED video wall, and an enhanced food and beverage operation, I feel an ever greater responsibility to support and develop artists. The Breakthrough hopes to provide a lucrative platform for artists and the music community alike.” How Music City Breakthrough works:
- Submissions are open July 22 - September 2, 2014. Bands may enter the contest via www.12andporter.com.
- A select Music Council comprised will select 21 finalists from the entries.
- Three finalists perform each night at 12th & Porter for seven consecutive Tuesdays. Finalist performance dates are September 9, 16, 23 and 30 and October 7, 14 and 21 at 8:00pm.
- Fans vote online to choose the top three bands to compete at 12 & Porter on Tuesday, November 4, 2014.
- The music council will select the winner and make an announcement on November 7, 2014, at 12th & Porter.
An impressive and well-rounded group of sponsors will lend their support and expertise to the program. Sponsor partners include Blackbird Studio, The Blackbird Academy, Viacom (CMT and MTV), WRLT Lighting 100, Summerfest, United Record Press, music industry managers, booking agents, publishers, A&R reps and investors.
The winner will receive:
- Two days rehearsal space at The Blackbird Academy’s live facility and five days of studio recording at Blackbird Studio/The Blackbird Academy
- One week of placement on the home page of MTV Artists or CMT Artists (genre dependent) and featured placement on the artists’ page (www.mtv.com/artists/ or www.cmt.com/artists/)
- One slot as the Lighting 100 Local Artist of the Week and on-air interview with Wells Adams
- A slot at Summerfest in Milwaukee
- A slot at Musician’s Corner in Nashville
- A 32-track live recording and 3 camera video shoot of the live performance at 12th & Porter
- Social media and web site promotion of the artists on title sponsors’ online platforms
- Vinyl Pressing
- Additional sponsor gifts including photography; hair, makeup and styling; merchandise, web design and more
strong>About 12th & Porter
12th & Porter is a world-famous music venue located in the heart of Music City. The venue boasts a newly renovated production facility with superior sound, lighting and a huge LED wall to give music artists and fans the best possible experience. 12th & Porter was recently voted by readers of the Nashville Scene as second only to the historic Ryman Auditorium as Nashville’s best place to hear live music.
About The Blackbird Academy
The Blackbird Academy Professional School of Audio is a post-secondary, mentor-based educational facility offering Studio Engineering & Live Sound Engineering Programs where students are taught by professional instructors and award winning guest lecturers. Each of the programs is six months in length, with four start dates per year. Maximum enrollment is 30 students per class. The Blackbird Academy is built on the foundation of Blackbird Studio, the Nashville home to a community of engineers, producers, musicians and technical staff who over the years have taken the art of audio recording to new heights. Blackbird Studio, under the ownership/leadership of John and Martina McBride, has become the leading recording studio in the country. John’s love for Audio and Education led him to create The Blackbird Academy in 2013.The principles and beliefs that guide the Academy's programs are simple: Challenge and educate students by presenting them with real life scenarios that an engineer/producer would encounter on a daily basis; and train students in studios and labs that are professionally designed for engineers to hone their craft.