KIDSVILLE FAMILY FESTIVAL TO TAKE PLACE IN CENTENNIAL PARK ON OCTOBER 14
THE CONSERVANCY FOR THE PARTHENON AND CENTENNIAL PARK, AMERICAN MUSIC WATER AND BLOOMA YOGA PRESENT FREE EVENT FOR NASHVILLE FAMILIES
NASHVILLE, TN – (SEPTEMBER 27, 2017) – The Conservancy for the Parthenon and Centennial Park will introduce the first annual Kidsville Family Festival in Centennial Park on Saturday, October 14 from 10 AM - 5 PM.
“We’re thrilled to be expanding our successful Kidsville program beyond our existing activities at the Parthenon and Musicians Corner,” said Sylvia Rapoport, Conservancy President. “The Kidsville Family Festival will bring families together for a fun-filled afternoon in beautiful Centennial Park.”
The Conservancy and its Kidsville Family Festival presenting sponsor, American Music Water, will host a full day of activities in Centennial Park. Blooma Nashville Yoga’s 3rd Annual Bellyrama Family Yoga Fest will be part of the event as well. Activities include:
- Live Music by Farmer Jason, Mr. Steve, The Dinahs, Chasing Summer, Amyliza & Bill and Centennial Jam Bands
- Bellyrama Family Yoga Fest presented by Blooma Nashville Yoga: 10 AM - Yoga for Everyone; 12 PM - Yoga for Kids
- Costume Pageant - Wear your costume or decorate a superhero cape on site and be showcased at our Kidsville stage
- Craft Activities - Create an oboe wind instrument, create a recycled T-Shirt superhero cape, and participate in our art installation wall station
- Inflatable Ball Games - Basketball, Football and Skeeball Games
- Character Photo Station - Take pictures with your favorite princesses and mascots
- Recycling Station - Bring 10 empty water bottles and receive a prize from American Music Water
- Pumpkin Painting, Face Painting, Nature & Sensory Play, Scavenger Hunt and Obstacle Course
- Food Trucks, Child-Focused Vendors, Local Nonprofits and more fun for the entire family!
“American Music Water is proud to support The Conservancy’s Kidsville program and many other amazing nonprofit programs in the Middle Tennessee area,” said Drew McDaniel, CEO of Music Water of the World, Inc. “We love how Kidsville engages children through fun, educational activities and are proud to be partnering with them on what should be a superb day in Nashville’s Centennial Park.”
The Conservancy is also partnering with Blooma Nashville Yoga to incorporate their 3rd annual Bellyrama Family Yoga Fest into the event. Blooma will present free yoga in the park for everyone at 10 AM and for kids at 12 PM.
“Blooma is excited to bring Bellyrama to the Kidsville stage,” said Jennifer Derryberry Mann, cofounder and studio director of Blooma Nashville Yoga. “Bellyrama is a celebration of moms-to-be, new mamas and their families, and we’re excited to share the mindfulness and joy of yoga with kids and adults alike.”
The Kidsville Family Festival will take place in the Musicians Corner area of Centennial Park on the corner of West End Avenue and 27th Ave. N.
Kidsville is a program of The Conservancy for the Parthenon and Centennial Park, and 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Kidsville presents free educational activities at the Parthenon, Musicians Corner and outreach locations across Nashville. Kidsville's mission is to utilize the arts and play to help educate Nashville's youth in the areas of music, nutrition, fitness, and literacy to enhance the development of healthy and successful futures for our city's youngest citizens. The program is underwritten and made possible by The Conservancy and its partners.