Nashville July 4th Fun Facts
Please be aware, these are the details for the 2017 Let Freedom Sing! Music City July 4th celebration. Stay tuned for 2018! You can always plan your visit at: visitmusiccity.com/placestostay.
- More than 200 production crew and staff members go into producing the event.
- Lots of gear is needed, including 26 trucks of equipment, 144 speaker cabinets, and 367 lighting fixtures.
- Some 18 technicians from Pyro Shows will set up the show over the course of eight days.
- More than 35,000 pounds of explosives and 150 miles of wire will be used.
- The largest shell is 10 inches in diameter and weighs 12 pounds. It leaves the mortar at 200 mph and climbs to 1,000 feet before breaking into a colorful canopy. The 30-minute show will more than 250 of these types of shells. There will also be 250 8-inch shells.
- The show's finale will be the most powerful in Nashville history.
- More than 60,000 shells will be shot, more than any other fireworks show in the country.
- July 4th - Let Freedom Sing! Music City July 4th
There are 2 stages this year! The stages will feature performances from Chris Young, Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Jonny P, The Sisterhood, and the Nashville Symphony.
Family Fun Zone
- On July 4, the free Family Fun Zone at Music City Walk of Fame Park will have inflatables, games, and interactive fun starting at 12pm.
July 4th Merchandise
- The official Music City July 4th t-shirt and koozie will be available for purchase at Third Avenue and Broadway, and along Fifth Avenue near Music City Walk of Fame Park. Also, you can pick up the official Let Freedom Sing! Music City July 4th koozie at any beer stand.
- Teams will be roaming the event site, interacting with guests and offering fun #NashvilleJuly4 props for exciting photo opportunities to be shared via @VisitMusicCity accounts and throughout the visitors’ own social media channels.
- A photo tent will be on Fifth Avenue South near the Family Fun Zone. Guests can have their picture taken in front of 4th of July and Gold Cup themed backdrops and enter to win tickets and VIP passes!
- The Advance Financial Picture Frame will be located at First and Broadway near the Court of Flags. Take your photo in the frame and post on social media with the #NashvilleJuly4 tag and @VisitMusicCity!
- Join the conversation and share your photos with #NashvilleJuly4. Check out our gallery.
- The Advance Financial Picture Frame will be located at First and Broadway near the Court of Flags and will be a great place for a photo op.
- Register to win, trivia and take a survey to spin the wheel at Andrew Jackson's Hermitage: Home of the People's President's tent. Grand prize is a VIP evening ghost tour for you and eight friends. Prize wheel includes free passes to The Hermitage, Andrew Jackson bobble-heads, t-shirts, guitar-shaped bottler opener keychains, koozies, hand fans, and stickers with $2 off general admission. Kids can play cornhole for prizes.
- Budweiser will have a bar area located near the Hard Rock Cafe on Broadway.
- Register to win a 2017 Spark thanks to Carl Black Chevrolet, and they will be giving away drawstring bags at their tent and vehicle at Fourth and Broadway near Merchants Restaurant.
- Dr Pepper will be at Music City Walk of Fame Park and have free samples of Dr Pepper Cherry and a limited number of giveaways, including sunglasses, bags, and koozies.
College football fans can take a free photo with The National Championship Trophy presented by Dr Pepper (on display from 12-7pm). This is the actual trophy for the upcoming 2017 season which will be awarded on the field at the College Football Playoff National Championship Game on Jan. 8, 2018 in Atlanta. It weighs approximately 50 pounds and is made of 24-karat gold, stainless steel, and bronze.
Don't forget to test your football throwing accuracy at the Dr Pepper Inflatable Can located inside Music City Walk of Fame Park (open from 12-6pm)!
- Hardee’s®, the quick service restaurant (QSR) chain known for its history of pioneering innovations, will bring its Star Diner® to Nashville and serve delicious hot meals and beverages made to order on the 4th of July. Stop by and enjoy eating, playing corn hole, and winning prizes. They will be located along Fifth Avenue near the Predators Pro Shop.
- The Jack Daniel’s stage trailer is a comprehensive JD Tennessee Whiskey zone on wheels. It will feature a Jack Daniel’s bar, leisure area, and will also showcase the Jack Daniel’s Distillery Tour in virtual reality! Also, be on the lookout for the Jack Daniel’s airstream bar. Another place to find your favorite Jack Daniel’s cocktail! Your friends at Jack Daniel’s remind you to drink responsibly. The Jack Daniel’s Trailer Stage will be located on Broadway between Third and Fourth Avenue. The Airstream Bars will be at First and Broadway and Third and Broadway.
- Lyft will be at Music City Walk of Fame Park providing promotional materials and activating new passengers. Lyft is the official ridesharing partner of Let Freedom Sing! Music City July 4th.
- McDonald’s will be giving out samples of Minute Maid® Slushies at Fourth and Broadway near Honky Tonk Central.
- Nash FM 103.3 will be at Fourth and Broadway near Honky Tonk Central and Nash Icon 95.5 will be at Fourth and Broadway near Merchants Restaurant. They will have a branded tent and vehicle, and attendees can register to win promo prizes and get station information. Not only that, but you can tune into Nash Icon 95.5 as they broadcast the performances of Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, Chris Young, and the Nashville Symphony. You can see when they perform by viewing our schedule at: visitmusiccity.com/july4th_schedule.
- Purple Heart Homes is dedicated to providing housing for Service Connected Disabled Veterans that is substantial in function, design, and quality fit to welcome home the fighting men and women of America. They will be at Music City Walk Of Fame Park.
- You can stop by the Tennessee Lottery’s tent at Music City Walk of Fame Park to play your favorite lottery games, like Powerball, Mega Millions, and an assortment of instant tickets.
- The Skippy Yippee Squad is showing up at this year's Let Freedom Sing! Music City July 4th to hand out samples of their PB Bites, a perfect snack to brighten your day!