Nashville July 4th Fireworks
You aren't named one of the best July 4th celebrations without a seriously over-the-top fireworks show. Everyone in the crowd will be ooohhing and aaahhing in unison as they marvel at the largest 4th of July fireworks show in the country! But what really puts it over the top is the GRAMMY-award-winning Nashville Symphony's original medley of songs performed live and perfectly choreographed to the fireworks spectacular!
The fireworks for the 2017 Let Freedom Sing! Music City July 4th celebration are scheduled to begin at approximately 9:30pm. View the full schedule at visitmusiccity.com/july4th/july4th_schedule.
- Eighteen technicians from Pyro Shows will set up the show over the course of eight days.
- More than 35,000 pounds of explosives and 150 miles of wire will be used.
- The largest shell is 10 inches in diameter and weighs 12 pounds. It leaves the mortar at 200 mph and climbs to 1,000 feet before breaking into a colorful canopy. The 30-minute show will include more than 250 of these types of shells. There will also be 250 8-inch shells.
- The show’s finale will be the most powerful in Nashville history.
For those primarily interested in watching the fireworks, they are encouraged to go to the following locations that are part of the city’s July 4 event campus:
- Ascend Amphitheater
- Riverfront Park
- The Green at Riverfront Park
- Lower Broadway
- Korean War Veterans Memorial Bridge
- Public Square Park (with audio)
- Walk of Fame Park (with audio)