July 4th Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I bring a cooler into the event?
Coolers with maximum measurement of 26” long x 16” wide x 16” high are permitted.
2. Will my personal items be searched?
All personal items are subject to search. Random searches will occur.
3. Will there be food and drinks available for purchase?
Yes, food and beverage vendors will be on location. There will be a Beer Garden as well as the Jack Daniel's Experience. All patrons must show proper ID to enter.
4. Can I bring my umbrella to shade me from the sun?
Handheld, personal-sized umbrellas (up to 36") will be permitted as space allows unless it obstructs the view of other patrons. No beach or pole-style umbrellas are allowed. All umbrellas must be taken down and put away by 6pm.
5. Is there seating available?
Lawn seating is available to everyone. Small seat cushions, collapsible chairs, and blankets or ground tarps (6'x8' or smaller) are allowed. Tall lawn/camping chairs, wagons, and pull-carts are not allowed. All chairs must be taken down and put away by 6pm.
6. Can I reserve a space?
Spaces can be reserved by placing your things in a particular spot, but inserting stakes, poles or any other objects into the ground, or use of ropes, cords, tape, etc. is prohibited to reserve space. Spaces are not formally reserved.
7. If I leave, can I come back into the event?
Yes, this event is free and open to the public to enjoy.
8. Can I bring my pet?
Only service animals are permitted on the event site.
9. Can I bring my bag or backpack?
Small bags and backpacks are permitted. All personal items are subject to search and random searches will occur.
10. Is smoking allowed at Riverfront Park? Are there smoking sections?
Smoking is permitted throughout Riverfront Park.
11. Can I take pictures or video at the festival?
Personal cameras are permitted. No audio recorders, video or professional cameras will be permitted.
12. What personal items will I be prohibited from bringing into the festival?
Patrons may not enter the venue with alcoholic beverages (only alcoholic beverages purchased from a designated official event vendor are allowed on site), illegal drugs, fireworks, laser pointers, weapons or dangerous devices of any type. No unauthorized personal transport devices including bicycles, skateboards, Segways, etc. are permitted. No Unauthorized Amplification Devices Permitted Which Disrupt Event Production. Pop-up tents are not permitted. Umbrellas and chairs are permitted as space allows unless it obstructs the view of other patrons and need to be taken down by 6pm.
13. Can I drive a personal watercraft down the Cumberland to watch the fireworks?
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has reported that Old Hickory Lock WILL be open on July 4.
14. Can I bring my own products to sell or promote?
Unauthorized vending and solicitation is prohibited throughout the event site.
15. Who can I contact if I have any additional questions?
Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp @ 800-657-6910 or 615-259-4730 or firstname.lastname@example.org