Music City Green Champion
What is a Music City Green Champion?
A Music City Green Champion is defined as any convention, conference, or meeting group who incorporates Sustainability or Green practices into their Nashville meeting. Help Nashville become the greenest city in the Southeast!
Ways you, as a Meeting Planner, can be a Green Champion:
- Use Electronic Marketing to promote your conference – social media, blog, website, and e-blasts.
- Encourage public transportation or provide bikes for attendees needing travel to the meeting from their hotel.
- Use eco-friendly disposables when needing napkins, plates, cups, and flatware.
- Don’t prefill water glasses.
- Use edible centerpieces such as seasonal fruit and desserts.
- Incorporate yoga and green tea into afternoon breaks.
- Incorporate an activity such as cleaning a park or planting a tree.
- Ask attendees to bring a reusable water bottle or provide them for your attendees.
- Choose a local charity to donate items after your event – leftover office supplies, conference bags, centerpieces, and toiletries.
- Recycle at your event.
Ways your attendees can become Green Champions:
- Keep lights off in the room when not
needed, whether it be during the day
when the room is unoccupied or in a
bathroom at night.
Traveling with a night light is an energy efficient alternative. Use natural light during the day as much as possible. Turn off televisions when leaving your room.
- Chargers for cellphones, laptops, and other electrical device plugs drain power even when the device is not attached. Keep electrical device plugs out of outlets when not in use.
- To maximize energy efficiency, set thermostats to 68 degrees in the winter and 78 degrees in the summer.
- Whenever possible, take advantage of the hotel’s linen reuse policy as a way to conserve water. Make sure fauce
- Dispose of items in proper recycling trash containers when possible.
Make it uniquely Nashville.
- Book a green property such as Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, Hutton Hotel, Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, Nashville Airport Marriott, Music City Center, Radisson Hotel Nashville Airport, or Sheraton Downtown Nashville Hotel.
- Schedule an off-site meal at a selection of green-friendly and sustainable restaurants such as CREMA Coffee, Margot Café & Bar, and Marche Artisan Foods.
- Plan an off-site activity at a place Nashville is known for – support local businesses.
Tell us your Green story.
Did you or your organization incorporate sustainable or green practices for your meeting? Tell us about it at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nashville Convention & Visitors
Corporation will recognize each group
that incorporates sustainable or green
practices into their Nashville meeting by
awarding a Green Champion Certificate.
Each January, a selection committee will
award an overall Green Champion award
for the previous calendar year.
For additional information, please contact your Nashville convention services manager.