ERIC CHURCH: INSIDE THE OUTSIDER OPENS NEXT FRIDAY AND RUNS THROUGH FEBRUARY 2016 AT COUNTRY MUSIC HALL OF FAME ® AND MUSEUM
NASHVILLE, Tenn., Sept. 10, 2015 – The Country Music Hall of Fame® and Museum will explore the life and career of this year’s top CMA Awards nominee Eric Church in the exhibition Eric Church: Inside the Outsider, which opens September 18, 2015, and runs through February 2016.
With hits such as “Springsteen” and “Talladega,” Platinum albums Chief and The Outsiders, and multiple ACM and CMA Awards, Church maintains an authenticity that resonates deeply with fans. His musical hybrid incorporates influences ranging from Merle Haggard to Metallica, breaking down genre barriers.
“Eric Church is a risk-taker who has blurred genre lines and created a sound that is as unique as he is,” says Senior Vice President of Museum Services Carolyn Tate. “We are excited to offer museum guests a peek behind his trademark aviators for a look ‘inside the outsider.’”
The exhibition will examine the North Carolina native’s path to stardom, with stage wear, guitars, song manuscripts, photos and more from his personal collection. Church has loaned the museum a wealth of artifacts to represent his life and career. Highlights include:
- Harmony H-303 three-quarter-size acoustic guitar played by Church as a child
- Gold necklace with Hank Williams Jr.’s logo, which was a gift to Church from Williams
- Stage costume worn by Church in the 2012 video for “Creepin’.” Outfit includes American flag pattern scarf; John Varvatos shirt, boots, and sunglasses; and more
- Ray-Ban Aviator Mirror sunglasses worn by Church
- CMT Artists of the Year trophy, 2012, presented to Church by Kid Rock
- Award plaque for Platinum certification of Chief and three singles from the album – “Drink in My Hand,” “Homeboy” and “Springsteen”—June 2012
- ACM and CMA Album of the Year Awards for Chief
- Note and autographed Fender FA-100 acoustic guitar presented to Church by George Strait for performing on Strait’s farewell tour, The Cowboy Rides Away, in 2014
- Notebook with handwritten notes and set lists from The Outsiders World Tour. Church promised that the set list for each night would be different
- Rogue leather jacket, John Varvatos shirt, Diesel jeans, and leather boots worn by Church on the cover of The Outsiders and at the 2013 CMA Awards
For more information about the exhibition, click here. Follow @countrymusichof on Twitter and join the conversation using #InsidetheOutsider.